Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raspy sound when decelerating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know i will have some rasp due to my high flows but lately I have been experiencing a different kind of rasp, which can be compared to a loose chain from a bike when the car is approaching decelaration. For example, if you accelerate (smoothly) to 45 miles for example and then let go off the pedal and as the car slows down I hear a weird sound from underneath like a loose chain from a bike. It is not the high flows for sure its different. What could it be? Plz let me know your opinions. Is it serious or does it sound like just something needing adjustment? Car runs fine by the way!

·
Registered
470 Posts
maybe u have an exhaust leek

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Doesn't sound like anything serious. Just get down there and check all of your exhaust connections.

Mostly, I'd check the heat shields that are stock on the car. With an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket cats, the noise may have rattled a heat shield loose. Just tighten everything down. Maybe get someone to rev up the car while you search for the problem underneath.

Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts