Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just bought the Delphi SKYFi2 Vehicle System. I have heard bad things about the FM modulator sound quality and dont want to use that nor do I have a tape player. I have an Alpine 9833 cd player that is XM ready. What do I need to do to make this work with my cd player besides using the FM modulator? I have read people using the PAC for their BOSE units and was wondering about that with my CD player. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Josh for the help!

I had to get a Male right angle Ai-Net to female RCA cable (Item KCA-121B) adapter for my Alpine 9833 from a local stereo shop. Also needed a stereo to RCA cable adapter and a set of RCA's and hopefully this weekend it will work.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Is it just the FM Modulators for this unit or any FM Mods in general? I will be installing the Terk Comm soon enough. If this is the case what other options do I have to integrate the Terk into the Bose system?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know from reading up on this that you can use a PAC converter on the BOSE system. Do a little searching around on the other board and I think they have a few threads on that topic.

FM modulators basically suck regardless of the system. It basically takes the CD quality and turns it into an FM signal

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by Dave079@Dec 20 2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks Josh for the help!

I had to get a Male right angle Ai-Net to female RCA cable (Item KCA-121B) adapter for my Alpine 9833 from a local stereo shop. Also needed a stereo to RCA cable adapter and a set of RCA's and hopefully this weekend it will work.

< has a few extra sets of rca's let me know, its LONG though (like 11ft)

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
dave should have clarified.. i found the cables he needed (includeing part numbers) to get the Delphi unit diretly connected to the alpine **pats self on back**

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give you another pat on the back Josh. That really helped me a lot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts