Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Death Penalty

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 301 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
Exactly. I have always wondered how a person against the death penalty would feel if one of their loved ones was brutally murdered. I know I wouldn't sit idly and let the bastid(s) get away with it. But I'm a patient guy... :shoot:
<div align="right">[snapback]78515[/snapback]
[/quote]
The natural human reaction would be to seek revenge. I'm imagine it would be nearly impossible to restrain yourself if you found your family dead and the guilty party was sitting around gloating....extreme example: Brad Pitts character in the movie "Seven".

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
[/quote]
Exactly. I have always wondered how a person against the death penalty would feel if one of their loved ones was brutally murdered. I know I wouldn't sit idly and let the bastid(s) get away with it. But I'm a patient guy... :shoot:
<div align="right">[snapback]78515[/snapback]
[/quote]
The natural human reaction would be to seek revenge. I'm imagine it would be nearly impossible to restrain yourself if you found your family dead and the guilty party was sitting around gloating....extreme example: Brad Pitts character in the movie "Seven".
<div align="right">[snapback]78524[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhh but we weren't shown what was in the box were we????? HMMMMMMM Was it or was it not--blonde? :wavey:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Oh it was most definitely blonde. Poor Gweneth.

I agree with what most of you are saying. I think the death penalty should be used when the crime calls for it. Whether or not that should be the case for people under the age of 18 is kind of a gray area for me. I think that it's been proven that people aren't completely mentally mature until around 25. If the accused isn't quite mature enough to make his own decisions, I don't think they should be treated as an adult.

Malvo is the perfect example. I think his relationship with Muhammed (his accomplice), who was much older, probably influenced his actions a great deal. I'm not sure he's really the kind of sick person who needs to be executed, even though his crimes were certainly bad enough to call for it.

A lot of you are saying that if the crime is heinous enough then the people should get the death penalty regardless of age. You have to keep in mind that people usually only get the death penalty for crimes considered that heinous. A person who lures a little girl into a car and murders her will probably get the death penalty, but people who do stupid things like kill a person during a robbery aren't held to the same rules, and rightly so in my opinion.

I don't think you can come up with any rule and apply it to all situations.

I also agree that if someone murdered my family, my views on the subject might change drastically, but that's all the more reason to think about it BEFORE you get put into a situation like that.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Oh and just a note about the poll... Considering the work prison inmates do, it's actually more expensive to execute someone than to let them live out their lives in prison. At least it was in 97 when I had to do a bunch of research for a college paper.

It's actually too expensive to fry them all :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
[/quote]

Then maybe we should do ALL of them in one shot! :flush:
:clap:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]79256[/snapback]
[/quote]
You mean like putting them on an island in Fiji when the French test their next nuclear weapon? :nana: :rolf2: :lmfao: :goodtimes: :cheers:

·
Registered
406 Posts
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]79256[/snapback]
[/quote]
You mean like putting them on an island in Fiji when the French test their next nuclear weapon? :nana: :rolf2: :lmfao: :goodtimes: :cheers:
<div align="right">[snapback]79257[/snapback]
[/quote]

YES! That would work just fine. Just think of the extra room we could create in the various prisons. An overcrowded prison population would be a thing of the past.
Yep, some things seem to work out very nicely.

Nuff said! Okay, Let's line 'em up! :lmfao:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I say we use them for medical testing. Sure it's cruel, and sure it's inhumane, but it does benefit the rest of society :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
[/quote]

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!! :clap:

Although - let's not rush to judgment on the old 'cruelty' label. Let's just call it their supreme sacrifice for mankind in general. It would most likely be the very first time any of those individuals ever gave an iota of thought to anyone other than themselves. It could then be considered their final gallant attempt at being human while atoning for their egregious misdeeds to the victims and their respective families. :xZ!o:

However keep in mind that you'd probably have to encourage this extremely noble act with the assistance of a 357 Magnum pointed at their empty skulls. (...slow learners, I suppose)
:rolf2:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Personally, I'm for Capital Punishment. However, the whole system needs to be overhauled. I kind of like the 'Escape from New York' idea for criminals. Or perhaps rebuild prisons to make them more economically feasible.
Unplug the Cable TV and electrical outlets in the cells. Cells should be 8'X6'X8'. Lots of room for a bed, sink and toilet. Since it's important for them to stay physically healthy, they need productive work. 10hrs a day, seven days a week should be good, besides, it'll make time go by faster for them. They'll get plenty of fresh air and exercise (no need to buy them $$$ gym equipment). They can grow their own food and become as self-sufficient as possible.
As far as showers, when I was in Basic Training, we could shower in 3 minutes, brush our teeth and shave with about 1 quart of water. I think this would also help lower the costs of incarceration. Besides it'll teach them to value our environment by learning how to conserve.
You do know that ACLU will object to all of the above. My question to these guys is... Where were you when the VICTIM was being assaulted, threatened, beat up, raped, robbed and killed by these people?!

A Hui Hou

PaulO

Oh, about all those that run ice labs and pushers I got a way to break the ice, an ice pick! Right between the C3 and C4 vertebra.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Now what do you suppose should be done with the guy who did this to that 9 year old girl?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7578059/

I cannot even begin to imagine the fear and terror on her face.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[/quote]

+1

It is a medical fact that teenagers do not have the same judgement faculties as adults. I'm not saying that they should get off easy, but...

I say any competent adult who takes a life with malice aforethought should die as their victim. Of course, there will be problems defining 'competent' & 'adult'....

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7667169/

This guy went to the extreme to express his right to free speech... he could have just mentioned his concerns instead of acting them out.

Personally, he deserves what he gets. Here's a quote:

“He is a hate-filled, ideologically driven murderer,” chief prosecutor Lt. Col. Michael Mulligan said. He added that Akbar wrote in his diary in 1997, “My life will not be complete unless America is destroyed.”

Akbar is the first American since the Vietnam era to be prosecuted on charges of murdering a fellow soldier during wartime.

“Hasan Akbar has robbed me of so many things,” said Tammie Eslinger, Stone’s fiancee, after the sentencing. “He stole my love, my family, my dreams and my future. But he could never steal my spirit.”

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
There are no words to describe what I would want to do with them. Animals...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Coming from the state that has an express lane for death row ( TEXAS ) I do hope both get what they have coming for them.

21 - 40 of 301 Posts