Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opted for Dealer Sealant package. Interior, Exterior with some paint sealant that supposedly bonds the paint, and undercarriage..Any opinions on this, or things I should look for?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO they ripped you off dude. It's a load of BS that sealant, way to make $ off ya.
yup! exactly! they basically just said you to "how about you just give us some extra money for nothing".

:doh:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gah...what are my options now. It's already in my deal....Should I take it anyway, will it hurt anything?

·
Registered
43 Posts
What have you signed? Does your state allow you to back out of it within a certain period? These "packages" are rip-offs. I've had them tell me that it was already on the car, so I would have to pay for it. Keep repeating, "I'm not paying for that." Same goes for market value adjustments and othersuch. The time to be doing your research on things like this is BEFORE you sign anything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...hindsight is 20-20. Well, it's in the contract, and agreed upon. It's only an extra car payment, but that could have went to other things. <shrug> Now I know better, for when I go to get my 40th
Anni. Edition. (praying they're be one)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well, just get it since u already made the deal. next time you know that if u need some advise just post up here again and we will give u our opinions based on experience

·
Registered
37 Posts
Opted for Dealer Sealant package. Interior, Exterior with some paint sealant that supposedly bonds the paint, and undercarriage..Any opinions on this, or things I should look for?
Ouch!! :doh:

I fell for the same kind of hype and opted for the "Teflon Treatment." It was basically a $500 wax job, but I didn't find out (as you have) until it was too late. Man! I could buy a lot of Meguires for $500! Or even Zaino. Or tires.

I've been too embarrassed to complain to Nissan, but maybe we should. :xZ!o:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.