1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

i want to remove the huge hamburger on the rear bootlid

has anyone done this before?

does the badge have pins that go through the metal, or is it stuck on with double sided tape?

·
Registered
790 Posts
3m tape - with 2 holes in the back of the hatch!

do a search on removing emblems - I put pics in a post

~Z~

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by TPIACE@Jun 11 2005, 02:27 AM
Hi guys

i want to remove the huge hamburger on the rear bootlid

has anyone done this before?

does the badge have pins that go through the metal, or is it stuck on with double sided tape?
[snapback]112450[/snapback]​

For what it is worth, I debadged the rear of my roadster and there were no holes. Either the hardtop is different or perhaps the Aus version is different.

Has anyone in Aus done this on a hardtop? You never know what they've changed. It is definitely much better without the hamburger on the butt!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by The Z@Jun 10 2005, 10:39 PM
For what it is worth, I debadged the rear of my roadster and there were no holes.  Either the hardtop is different or perhaps the Aus version is different.

Has anyone in Aus done this on a hardtop?  You never know what they've changed.  It is definitely much better without the hamburger on the butt!
[snapback]112753[/snapback]​

I could be wrong, but I believe it's a difference between Coupe and Roadster, not US and Aus

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Jun 10 2005, 10:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The Z
@Jun 10 2005, 10:39 PM
For what it is worth, I debadged the rear of my roadster and there were no holes.  Either the hardtop is different or perhaps the Aus version is different.

Has anyone in Aus done this on a hardtop?  You never know what they've changed.  It is definitely much better without the hamburger on the butt!
[snapback]112753[/snapback]​

I could be wrong, but I believe it's a difference between Coupe and Roadster, not US and Aus
[snapback]112757[/snapback]​

All Roadsters no holes...all coupes 2 holes...here's a pic of westpak's Z.
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/sluggoZ/coupe2holesrear.jpg');}" />

·
Registered
470 Posts
does any one know if seibons carbonfiber rear hatch comes without holes? need to change mine its got a lot of dents!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is the purpose of the holes...? Does the hamburger screw in somehow, if so then do you have to take out the panel from the rear hatch to get to it or simply use floss and hair dryer to get it off? I saw the picture but am a little perplexed about the purpose of the holes since the 350z badge is held with only tape!!! Would a "FairladyZ" badge cover the holes left by the hamburger??

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Originally posted by UCLAzzz@Jun 18 2005, 11:53 PM
What is the purpose of the holes...?  Does the hamburger screw in somehow, if so then do you have to take out the panel from the rear hatch to get to it or simply use floss and hair dryer to get it off?  I saw the picture but am a little perplexed about the purpose of the holes since the 350z badge is held with only tape!!!  Would a "FairladyZ" badge cover the holes left by the hamburger??
[snapback]117246[/snapback]​

They are so the emblem goes on straight that is all, just for alignment.

The farilady Z should cover them up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Napoleon@Jun 11 2005, 02:10 AM
does any one know if seibons carbonfiber rear hatch comes without holes? need to change mine its got a lot of dents!!
[snapback]112816[/snapback]​

It does not have holes! A friend of mine has it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts