Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see it last night? The first segment was on street racing on how it's getting worse and worse. Basically blaming it on movies like FF and video games of street racing. They were targeting teen drivers and early 20's. Not that I agree w/ any or all of this but it was interesting that they had some kids on there that were "modding" their vehicles to push 300HP plus, and some shop in Sothern Cali that is now publishing home videos of ppl street racing and the outrageous risks they take. Also had a reporter riding along with a few of these people, and shooting vid from inside the cars. One was clearly a 350Z, and then they shot vids of a 350z weaving in traffic (CS, stock from behind, DC area) like a total azz. Hope it wasn't anyone here. Anyhow, they didn't specifically mention any particular type of car but most were the ricer types, I can't believe that our Z's were in the videos w/ these fools. Anyways, kinda BAD publicity for our Z's even if it wasn't "mentioned by name" it's kind of a distinct looking booty on a car not to be recognized.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Did someone say 'booty?'
I missed it, but I'm sure that episode will spawn some local affiliates to do spinoffs.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Didn't see it, although I wish I had. The CS Z didn't have a DE tag right? ;)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I saw that one. They were using the Z as the camera car for most of the shots

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I really wish they would quit blamin commercials and video games. If a dumbass can't destinquish between make believe and reality, that's his/her own fault, not car manufacturers, not video game makers, and not ad companies. I really hate that sh*t. It's nothing but spoiled little brats doing the same thing they have done throughout time...as much as they can get away with, and revolting in the faces of authority, and looking for that next thrill. It's not right, but it's unavoidable...and it's punishable.

Spoiled = a 16 yr old kid street racing a CLK. I had a friggin POS '84 Celica that barely ran for my first car. Why do parents think it's ok to give their kid a car like a CLK? If ask me, most of the blame for all this lies on the parents. If they would take the f*cking time to raise their kis properly, and not give them every G*d **** thing they want. A lot of this could be avoided.

Admittadly, I drove too fast as a kid, but I never did 120 or 130 MPH on the interstate in heaby traffic. In fact the fastes I ever went up until I was like 25 was 95 MPH on a completely empty road at 2:00 in the morning...and I got caught for that...well I guess it wasn't completely empty seeing how there was that cop there, but I don' now where he came from because I hadn't seen a car in like 10 minutes, but whatever.

Point is, parents, get your sh*t together, accept responsibility for your kids and stop blaming other people. When I get the priveledge to be a parent, if I find out my kid has been street racing...bye bye car. He can take the bus, or something.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">[rant]See, if Dr Spock had kept his mouth shut and never said that disciplining your kids was bad, none of this sh!t would be happening. "Don't hit them, they'll grow up with problems." Where's your kid now Dr. Spock? Oh yeah, he killed himself![/rant] Hit away parents, hit away</span>

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL :whip: I learned a good thing or two about respect from the spankings!!! Never beaten or bruised but I HAVE RESPECT! It killed me when I was teaching, the way the parents blatently ignored their children, mind you I taught in inner city schools, but nevertheless teach your children well, and make them understand that they are not invincible!!!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
You know, instead of making peoiple who get speeding tickets take stupid online traffic school, where they teahc you worthless BS like "velocitation", they should make people take real driving instrcutional classes (including performance schools). The more time I spend on the track, the more mellow I am in the street.

The irony is that this kind of crap only makes it harder to open new tracks, since residents always complain that it will draw this crowd, and there are less and less places to actually drive a car to it's limits...

well, at least it wasn't a story about motorcycle stunners for once :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The irony is that this kind of crap only makes it harder to open new tracks, since residents always complain that it will draw this crowd, and there are less and less places to actually drive a car to it's limits...
Goog point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think this video is excellent, anyone that buys into this idea of commericials, games, etc..etc.. is a moron.

People are people, if they are going to be inclined to do something like this, it isn't a commericial/video game isn't going to push them into it.

In any interest/hobbie, there is going to be the people that screw it up for the rest of us.

I'm no saint, but I don't do anything like what we're seeing in this video with other pedestrians/cars/unwilling participants. Now of course what I do get myself into, could go wrong, so I don't need to be reminded of that as I keep that on the forefront of my mind when I'm "playing".

What I thought was interesting is the HP in Florida using the Mecury, suped-up, & unmarked cars to catch these guys.

This has been going on for a while, so this isn't news, specially here in CA where we have the mustangs/camaro/explorer/expedition CHP, and I have had my suspicions about other unmarked cars in the San Fernando Valley.

I just hope the people that are doing this crap, at least attempt to take others into consideration as far as safety goes.

Just my .02

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah, parents need to start taking responsibility and get involved with raising their own children, not leave it to the system to do it only to blame it later on...

As for tracks, I think someone with the balls, money and pull needs to build a huge facility where you can road race, drag race, and host shows - all in separate venues, and charge for it. Also, a hotel on site with restaurants, conference rooms, gaming facilities, pools, etc could be provided and maybe even paid for by membership dues. In other words, an all inclusive facility where a 3-day weekend or 2 week vacation for car enthusiasts' wet dream.

I would build it near an airport, mainly so people can ship their cars easier, plus the zoning laws wouldn't be against that kind of facility (noise pollution, streets, storage of haz mat, etc). Can you imagine the money and media hype on a place like this? That would be awesome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts