Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Database of Dealer Repairs & Dealer Rating.

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mchapman 
#1 ·
I'm keen to start a database of dealer repairs and experiences. This will be useful as it will tell us of good experiences (and bad). if you can use the format below I can collate it at the end. The Performance Rating should be based on a 1 to 5. 1 would be rude, poor service, bad repair etc. 5 would be courteous timely service. I suggest the following layout but if anyone has a better suggestion please make it.

Date Dealer Location Type of repair Comments Performance Rating

#3 ·
Lets see how it goes...

Nissan Ryde - 1 (useless, have no idea)

Nissan Randwick - 1 (generic Nissan responses i.e useless and have no idea!)

Sports Car International aka Peter P - 5 (After my first service with Nissan i've been here ever since, I don't go back to Nissan ....ever)

#4 ·
I agree with Zuffy,

Nissan Ryde - 1 (useless, HAVE NO FﮞCK!NG IDEA, alot of wasted time going back ten times to fix same issues, couldnt fix things, ****** up repairs, created new problems, scatched and marked interior etc etc etc)

Sports Car International aka Peter P - 5 (Great guy, great 350z knowledge due to his race car which he's owned and worked on since 2002, good rates, great service etc.. I dont go back to Nissan either.)

#5 ·
I've also found Ryde Nissan to be useless, we have had a creak in the front end that they have not been able to fix in 12 months, they were meant to get someone from nissan to come and have a look and never got back to us.

Fcuking terrible customer service. A Z is a $75k sportscar, not a $20k pulsar FFS

#6 ·
[/quote]

Let's not forget the fact that each time the car was booked in for them to take a look at this, they'd scratch their heads and go 'yep, it's broken, you'll have to bring it back in'.

One time they had supposedly ordered a special, magical part in to fix all the problems. When we picked up the car at the end of the day, I got the same "yeah, it's broken, we'll have to get the part in from Melbourne" story!!!

Either that, or they'd tell me the problems were non-existant or fixed (only for me to hear the creak as I turned out of their driveway, or the speakers cut out the first time I touched the brakes).

I'm normally a pretty patient person, but they're a phone call away from a complaint to the Department of Consumer Affairs, their servicing is appalling!

#7 ·
I've used McGrath Nissan at Sutherland for my warranty work and they have been pretty good, changing a LSD and auto window mechanism. They even lent me a car for the LSD fix. However, they don't want to know about rattles in the dash and claim that you are only covered for the first 1000km for rattle. This is bullshit however, as that is Holden's policy and McGrath is also a Holden dealer.
I will never buy any Holden that has a 1000km rattle policy in its warranty booklet - Holden must be joking - imagine spending $100k on a HSV and they won't fix a rattle that appears 3 months into ownership -arrogant assholes.

#8 ·
I'm going to try Steve Jarvin Nissan on Parramatta Rd in Haberfield in the next few weeks. My seat started to squeak every single time I make a fast left turn. I'm also going to say what they say about my gearbox. Any one has any experience with them?

#12 ·
CAR - did you fix your rattles or did you get Nissan to fix it? Did you / they have to remove a lot of the dash to get the fix completed? Was it done under warranty if Nissan fixed it?
My rattles are becoming more and more common now and they are really bugging me. In fact, if I push down on the plastic where the dash meets the windscreen, my hand pressure alone stops the rattles, so I suspect that the rattles should be easy to fix.
I am concerned about having too much of the dash pulled out and generating new rattles to fix the current ones.

#13 ·
KY,

Ive had numerous rattles but one to the right hand side of the steering wheel on the dash ive had fixed a few times and it keeps coming back. The dash mounts get loose quickly and it rattles, but if you pull the right hand ride of the dash a bit while pushing it downwards you can see the dash move a bit and it stops rattling for months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.