Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
ohhh actually, yea i have a ratlle by the area near the winshield where the heat comes out of. im thinking of just trying to stuff something in there to fix it because if i bring it to the dealer theyll just say they werent able to reproduce the noise and keep the car for no reason. im just gonna follow other guides to taking off the center stack and if not ill work from the outside
i just like that one

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
i never started hearing wierd noises until i read other threads and complaints, now i can't get them out of my head. i just turn up the radio and ignore them the best i can

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know my noise is coming from the area near the windshield where the hot air for the window comes out. Im hoping that with the service manual Ill be able to get to that area. If anything, Im going to put a piece of
or velcro or something stiff so that it has no movement thereby stopping the noise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, well I think Im definetly gonna go with sticking something in there or bringing it to the dealer because it looks like there are 300 bolts holding the dash together. By the time I get to the noise I won't remember how everything went.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just beat up your dash senselessly with the palm of your hand might help.... Just kidding. I think all cars will make a little noise when riding over uneven pavement. I wouldn't bother wasting time if you don't hear a thing over smooth pavement.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by AJ600@Apr 14 2004, 05:30 PM
Just beat up your dash senselessly with the palm of your hand might help....  Just kidding.  I think all cars will make a little noise when riding over uneven pavement.  I wouldn't bother wasting time if you don't hear a thing over smooth pavement.

ill knock the crap out of it later j/k!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2004.5 with 1000 miles made the same noise. put your finger on the strip up close to the windshield and see if it stops. if thats it i fixed mine. buy bungee straps at wm. cut 2 small angled pieces out and wedge them between the dash and windshield. use needlenose pliers and you can get them in there good and no give either way. the dealer said they would tear the dash apart and use 2 sided tape. the noise is gone and i liked my fix better. have the intermittent rattle at highwayspeed too. thought it sounded like a heat shield. right side rear of car. im going to check the jack in am. found it on another thread and it sounds like what im hearing. i'll let u know and put it over there if it works. :xZ!o:

·
Registered
360 Posts
****...it seems that I have fallen victim to the infamous "dash board rattle" now too. It is terribly annoying when driving over bumpy pavement and such. Any good fixes, beyond the bungee cord idea?

Whenever I notice it, I always try to stop it by applying some pressure to the area with my hand. Sure enough, the noise goes away, but I can only drive with my hand on the dash board for so long haha. Is this just a case of a loosened bolt or panel? What is the cause of such a noise?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am taking the Z in this weekend to get a few things checked out, chief among them brakes, but second is the dash board rattle. It seems that I just can't ignore this dashboard thing any longer...I know it doesn't rattle over smooth pavement, but honestly, how often do you really go over smooth pavement? It Vegas, that never happens near where I work, so I gotta address the issue.

Also, gotta check them brakes...seems I have a slight squeek on the front right brake...I will keep you all posted on what they say about the dash rattle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am taking the Z in this weekend to get a few things checked out, chief among them brakes, but second is the dash board rattle. It seems that I just can't ignore this dashboard thing any longer...I know it doesn't rattle over smooth pavement, but honestly, how often do you really go over smooth pavement? It Vegas, that never happens near where I work, so I gotta address the issue.

Also, gotta check them brakes...seems I have a slight squeek on the front right brake...I will keep you all posted on what they say about the dash rattle.
Looks like I have a rattle, or more like a thud-thud coming from the passenger's side whenever I go over a slightly bumpy road. It is driving me insane along with a few other thuddy clunks coming from what seems to be the suspension. It is dealership time, and my extended warranty will hopefully pay for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts