Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving to work this morning I noticed that the blue 'your headlights are on' indicator was not lit on my dash. The lights were most definately on, yet the indicator was not. I flipped them on and off several times to no avail, even tried stopping and retarting the engine.

I have a 2003 with 25k miles on it - isn't it unlikely that this indicator burned out? I thought they were lit by LEDs that should last practically forever.

·
Registered
482 Posts
When driving to work this morning I noticed that the blue 'your headlights are on' indicator was not lit on my dash. The lights were most definately on, yet the indicator was not. I flipped them on and off several times to no avail, even tried stopping and retarting the engine.

I have a 2003 with 25k miles on it - isn't it unlikely that this indicator burned out? I thought they were lit by LEDs that should last practically forever.
That is only to tell you your High Beams are on, not you normal lights. Course this is based on how my 06 works.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The blue light is to show use of high beams, not headlights in general. There is no indicator that shows headlight use except for the white light in front of the car, and if you keep your dash dimmer turned down when headlights are on, then the dim dash would be a "headlight-on indicator".

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is only to tell you your High Beams are on, not you normal lights. Course this is based on how my 06 works.
i have a 2004 350z and when my high beams are on the blue light in dash it doesn’t work.what fuse can i check?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts