Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanna give us some insight on your power setup? supercharging is looking like a nice option for me right now, but i am lacking in knowledge.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Sure...
ATI Procharger @7-8lbs right now
Aeromotive DFMU to give the extra fuel to the engine,Basically just raises fuel pressure according to boost..

On the way...RC 440cc injectors with the DFMU to supply the extra pressure and a Perfect Power SMT6 piggyback to control the timing and fine tune the A/F ratio..
What else would you like to know?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so u scrapped the FMU that comes with the ATI kit ? I dont know much about FI, but i never did like the FMU that ATI chose.

I am assuming that larger injectors are a must.

What about:

fuel rail?
fuel pump?
cooling?
spark plugs?

i think there are alot of factors that contribute to FI efficiency. You said you will be hitting 425rwhp soon. I was just curious what all that entailed.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
OK..New game plan...I **** canned the Perfect Power SMT6 install and will be going down to Altered Atmosphere in MD next Friday to get the ECU reflash with a larger fuel pump and injectors..The DFMU will be gone at that point..As far as cooling,I plan on adding an Oil cooler to keep internal engine temps down and eventually a radiator for further cooling..I think once I hit 425hp I will give it a rest for a while..

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a question.... how much would it cost to get to 425?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
for me...
ATI Procharger $5000
RC injectors- $600
Fuel pump- $300
Borla Headers- $500
Test pipes- $225
Borla exhaust- $800
$7425
Now add tuning $375
Ecu reflash- $495
Guages-$1000
Labor for all the above-$1000-2500...
Still not garanteed to get 425 hp either...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Modding + tuning = expeZive hobby

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Feb 10 2004, 06:14 PM
OK..New game plan...I **** canned the Perfect Power SMT6 install and will be going down to Altered Atmosphere in MD next Friday to get the ECU reflash with a larger fuel pump and injectors..The DFMU will be gone at that point..As far as cooling,I plan on adding an Oil cooler to keep internal engine temps down and eventually a radiator for further cooling..I think once I hit 425hp I will give it a rest for a while..

How come you are not going with the Perfect Power ? Didnt you get it to work right? It seemed like a salution .Have been following your posts to see if it worked out.If it did I was planning on going that route for F/A and timing management .Liked the idea of 2 seperate programs

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by booger+Feb 11 2004, 09:05 PM-->QUOTE (booger @ Feb 11 2004, 09:05 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Daking350Z
@Feb 10 2004, 06:14 PM

How come you are not going with the Perfect Power ? Didnt you get it to work right? It seemed like a salution .Have been following your posts to see if it worked out.If it did I was planning on going that route for F/A and timing management .Liked the idea of 2 seperate programs

Well,basically it came down yo it setting a code on the one car it was on and I rather let someone else spend the money on testing it out and plus I recieved a sponsor deal on an ECU reflash program..So basically it came down to $$$$.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wishI had a company around to do custom flash . Im in the middle of the US . So Im going to have to go with a piggy back to fine tune

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Feb 11 2004, 09:34 PM
You N/A??Call Technosquare they have lots of combos of pre programmed ones..

Ya...just got back my ECU from them for the mods I got on now. Going to dyno it Wensday to see how it comes out .When I get the Vortech on this spring I wanted something I could custom tune the thing to get as much out of it and still be safe.What T.S. has may not be exactly right for my car .If the shop Im working with has or can get the program for the Split Second box that comes with it....I'll stay with the SS box. If they cant ...I'll be looking for some thing that will work .Thats why I was asking about the Perfect Power...it looked the best to me because of the [2] programs that you can have with it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts