Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on the way home from work, I got T-boned on the driver's side door , by some ******* who had to have been doing 40 in a 25mph zone.I honestly did not know what hit me and for 5-10 seconds I could not hear anything. Then I came to my sense and looked out of my drivers window to see an engine compartment pressed against my door, with smoke starting to pour from it.Well needless to say, my left shoulder and ribcage hurt and I could not breath from having the wind knocked out of me, but I managed to pull myself from the passenger side of the car because I thought the other car was on fire. I got out and basically collapsed on a nearby bench as I could not breath yet and my entire left side was killing me. All the cops that showed up were my co workers so needless to say they did the right thing.It seemed like forever for the ambulance to show up.My shoulder was on burning and my ribcage was killing me bad! The ambulance personell I also knew and they were real cool with me, they boarded and collared me, which is really uncomfortable. I was in this setup for about 1 1/2 hours in the emergency room and it got really painful. After the doctor got me undressed he saw 2 nice gouges of sking from my left shoulder and a nice bruise from the frame of the door pillar hitting my side. After X rays, the doctor told me I have 2 fractured ribs, and there is nothing they do for them but give pain killers...Any way here are some pictures of my back, looks like I will be out of work for 6-8 weeks...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:OMG: Good to hear that it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
sorry to here that...i hope you feel better
those wounds will get more painfull in the next couple of days
hang in there

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ouch...get well soon, Julian.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Glad you made it out with a few bruises man. From how you described it, it was much worse than your injuries show.

How did the other guy fare? And what were you driving?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Aug 24 2005, 07:39 AM
Glad you made it out with a few bruises man. From how you described it, it was much worse than your injuries show.

How did the other guy fare? And what were you driving?
[snapback]148754[/snapback]​

He was fine, he was in a big lincoln, I was in the Sabb..

PS drugs are good.. :goodtimes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Julian-
Glad you lived to tell the tale! I wondered why I hadn't heard from you for a coupe of day. Hope the meds keep you comfortable while your ribs heal. You need to whine a lot now and build up a stockpile.
Was the other driver drunk or just stupid(I mean inattentive)?

Get Well,
Bruce

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Julin sorry to hear this but im glad you are okay!! yea fractured ribs are not fun and you cant do nothing for them but just wait it out. well i hope you feel better and just get a little R&R!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts