Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a normal driver doing about 15k a year and I love my 05 Z but I really want another 80rwhp. Im not a car tech so it would need to be super reliable. I love the way my Z handles but I miss the 400hp of my old cobra. Im just looking for suggestions on a daily driver FI setup. If i blew an engine it would royaly screw me lol :newbie:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by teh215@Jul 4 2005, 03:45 PM
I have had the Vortech kit on mine, as well as other parts, for well over a year and no major problems. I drive it daily including several long trips a year.
[snapback]126399[/snapback]​

What are "no major problems"? See thats what im talking about. Is it possible to have FI with only plannable maintanance. The $$ arent an issue its just that in my line of work i need to be available 24/7 so i cant have my car breaking down etc. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If you are looking for an easy and reliable hp increase without any major problems then all you will have to do is make sure that you keep up with some basic maintenance. For example, if you are interested in getting a supercharger, like the vortech for example, it will work very well, all you will need to do is make sure that you check your belt tension and change your oil during required intervals and it will treat you right. It is a great way to get the hp you are looking for and it won't take a lot of time to make sure that your car is running smooth. As said before, just follow general maintenance for your car and you are good to go. Are there any specific problems you are thinking about that is worrying you?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I'd recommend the Stillen SC. Easy to install (DIY if you can follow directions and know your ****), the power your lookin for, and very very reliable. No reported case of an engine blowing up so far.

·
Registered
470 Posts
ive also had the vortech for about 3 months now, and havent had any problems just my belt got a litle loose and it was slipping but i tightend it a bit and no more problems, id go with the vortech or the hks rotrex supercharger!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vortech and stillen are what im looking at right now. Im really just worried about major problems and the car not running right, especially at first with stock parts. IE no blown engines and no major repairs or constant small ones that make the car undriveable like slipping belts or random issues. Despite the fact that the roots style SC is the lowest gain SC I think it will suite me well since its more of a daily driver setup. The only thing that bothers me is i have to replace the hood with stillen. I like my cars looks the way they are first and second Im not too hot on dropping an extra grand for a new painted hood! Ive used vortech before and i know they are top notch for fords so that may be what I end up getting. Like i said i dont want to set the world on fire i just want 300rwhp a good increase in torque. I am knowledgable enough to perform all routine maintanance so im not worried about that. Now all i need to do is find a good shop near austin TX!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts