Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to the forum, but I need your help.

I just recieved my CF JDM Nismo body kit from CWest (aka GTP) and the front bumper has a bunch of ripples, a few bubbles in the resin, and some stress cracks in the resin.

Plus, the the left rear spoiler's innner attachment point is an inch away from where it should attach to the rear bumper. It looks like fitment is going to be a big issue with this piece.

My guy at the shop says that the front bumper is going to take some serious work with filling and sanding to be "worthy" of putting it on my z roadster. :banghead:

My question, is this normal with a CF body kit or did I just waste over a grand on piece of junk?

I will post pictures on monday.

Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You should post up some pictures so we can see for ourselves what it looks like. Most likely, they didn't take the time to properly coat the resin on the bumper and let it cure. Depending on how it looks you might want to contact them and ask for a replacement part, after all you did spend around 1K on it.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Which one was it?Was it from Carbon Creations?? Cause I hade the C-west style CF one and it took a ton of cutting to make it fit right..Piece of **** in my opinion,I wouldnt even sell it anymore..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

It is the CWest CF kit made by GTP, not the Carbon Creations.

If I can manage to get my money back, is there a Nismo JDM kit that is CF or FG that you have experiance with that has really good fitment?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought the US Nismo version lip kit which is urathan, and fitment was really good. Ofcourse it's not CF, but not much differance at all from the JDM version, only the front bumper has a piece going through the grill area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey everyone, here is the pictures I took today of the CWest CF Nismo kit. Is it worth it to get it fixed or should I try to get CWEst to send me a new kit or give me a refund? I did not post all of the pics but here are some.
[attachmentid=7165]

[attachmentid=7164]

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correction, it is not a "C-West" kit it is made by "C-Wings"

Never, Never, Never buy any kit from GTP aka C-Wings, www.importfan.com. They will take your money and send you a kit that is worthless and do nothing to help you!!

I am now 1200 bucks more poor. :F-you:

Any one have any recommendations?

Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I think you might be SOL.. The only thing i can suggest is filling/sanding/blending and then painting the kit.. I dont think you can leave it CF. If you dont want to throw your money away completely, i would suggest going this route..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts