Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have created a custom shift light kit for the 350Z. It works in conjunction with the stock shift light and functions the same. it will flash about 300 RPMs before the set shift point and then will go solid once that RPM has been reached. I have recently added an audible "shift alarm" feature as well which will sound a tone in addition to the light to let you know when to shift. If you would like more details, check out my site at www.350zfreak.com

Here's a picture of the light in action:

-Chris

·
Registered
806 Posts
That thing looks bright! Does it blink within 500 rpm of set point and then stay on like the factory light? Does the factory light still come on?
Slick install though! May I ask where you go the Nismo speedometer? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by NismoKid@Jul 15 2004, 05:28 PM
That thing looks bright!  Does it blink within 500 rpm of set point and then stay on like the factory light?  Does the factory light still come on?

It's bright, but really not too bright. You can see it easily during the day and at night for sure. Since the base tilts, you can aim where the light is shining so that it's not directly into your face. Yes, it operates exactly lik the stock light and the stock light still works as well.

-Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
do you have the ability to turn off the beeping if you buy the one with the beeping...cause, that would get really annoying. if you could turn it on and off...then you could use it when you're at the track...but, turn it off for daily driving (or else i would constantly turn it up to 6K RPM so it wouldn't go off during daily driving). :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts