Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone, I finally got my custom gauge faces this past weekend. It took a lot longer than I wanted but the wait was worth it. Over the past year, I collected the gauge clusters from a manual and automatic 350z and sent them to www.speedhut.com to develop new gauge faces for our rides. Many people were excited to see a final product, but as it turned out, it took a while for one to be made. Well I am here to tell you that I have the first set and as you can see from the pictures below that they came out great. I will be installing these shortly and will post more pictures including the nighttime settings. These gauges are reverse el-glow. If you follow this link,www.speedhut.com you can order a custom set for yourself. The website really doesn't do these gauge faces justice, it would be better for you to call up directly and place your order and send them your custom logos via email so they can make it exactly the way you want.

This is a 350z-tech exclusive and you will find a how-to manual posted along with the final install pictures. Please feel free to ask any questions and hurry up to order your set to be the first one in your area with a custom set of gauges. Also, the website listed above does not have a link for an automatic 350z gauge cluster, but they do have one in their possesion so believe me they can make it, like I said it is better to call or email them and confirm to get exactly what you want. Now for the pictures.. enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
WOW those look great. ideas are ringing in my head on how I want mine to look. I'm just a little reluctant to open up the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So did you determine that you can pull the needles off the gauges without damage, or do the new faces install differently?

-Chris

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think there were a few people but I don't know how many to be exact.

I will say one thing. To swap your gage faces you have to be very careful so that your needles are back in the same position afterwards. I have yet to get around to installing my faces, I am waiting until I get some free time to take the Z off the road for a week or two. When I do get around to doing this I will have a full write up but in teh meantime people will have to do without it. I can tell you that taking before and after pictures when driving the car around 10-20 miles per hour will help in determining whether or not you placed back the needles correctly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
:doh: I dunno, If it were my guage cluster, I would be so distracted by the big ZXRAGE letters across it.

I can barely see those unimportant numbers like 30-60 and 110-130....Oh well
or the 1-2 or 7-8 on the Tach

They look kinda flashy for me, but to each his own!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts