Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

my plan is to go with the Zenclosures box that fits under the rear strut brace for 2 10's. I would then like to put the amp in storage area behind my seat (no bose here). On the passenger side I would like to put the box for sirius and possibly another box for navigation down the road. With the deck I'm going to with, the Kenwood DDX6019, you can add each of those down the road (like when I have the money). So what I'm getting at, is I'm curious if anyone makes any kind of custom-made amp mounting kit or something similar for the other boxes, or if I should just go to a shop and have them fabricate something for each area to mount these in. Oh yeah and if anyone has any photos of a similar setup, please post them. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks! :yourock: Did you ever get yours mounted in the car? And also this is a stupid question, but I owned my Z for 2 days and have been out of town for a month since, but can I do that on both sides or is it only on the drivers side (honestly I can't remember what it looked like behind the passenger's seat).

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you are referring to my pic, keep in mind that none of the plastic panels had been put back on yet. Once I put them on, you have no idea there is anything in there. g/l.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are referring to my pic, keep in mind that none of the plastic panels had been put back on yet. Once I put them on, you have no idea there is anything in there. g/l.
So you were able to double yours up and keep it stealth. Cool. Did you have your double rack custom made or did you build it yourself? I'm thinking of having the amp, the box for sirius, and another for nav, so the more I can fit in there stealth, the better. Got any links, or should I try to fabricate something? :helpsmilie:

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Here's one that I made. Just got a piece of particle board from Lowes and a piece of the speakerbox carpet from Zenclosures.
I did something similar. Was funny .. had to do a double take at your amps! :D

I'm considering re-designing the rack though. Everything works, amps don't overheat and all that, but when I blew a fuse it was really hard getting to the amps. Trying to adjust them would be probably nearly impossilbe. I'm 'considering' (meaning haven't stared yet) mounting a rack on drawer slides .. so the entire rack with amps could be slid out to access everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
I did something similar. Was funny .. had to do a double take at your amps! :D

I'm considering re-designing the rack though. Everything works, amps don't overheat and all that, but when I blew a fuse it was really hard getting to the amps. Trying to adjust them would be probably nearly impossilbe. I'm 'considering' (meaning haven't stared yet) mounting a rack on drawer slides .. so the entire rack with amps could be slid out to access everything.

Yeah, I did a double take when I checked out your setup too! I agree about the adjusting being a PITA. My whole "rig" comes out fairly easy though. The drawer slides is a great idea but, I haven't needed to adjust anything since I put it in last summer. (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
583 Posts
So you were able to double yours up and keep it stealth. Cool. Did you have your double rack custom made or did you build it yourself? I'm thinking of having the amp, the box for sirius, and another for nav, so the more I can fit in there stealth, the better. Got any links, or should I try to fabricate something? :helpsmilie:

All I got was a 2' x 4' piece of 3/4 particle board from Lowes. Measured the amps, measured the cubby hole and cut it out. Luckily my measurements were 80% dead on the first try. It did take a little bit of trimming. Give it a shot, you can't really hurt anything.... good luck and keep up posted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All I got was a 2' x 4' piece of 3/4 particle board from Lowes. Measured the amps, measured the cubby hole and cut it out. Luckily my measurements were 80% dead on the first try. It did take a little bit of trimming. Give it a shot, you can't really hurt anything.... good luck and keep up posted.
Awesome. Yeah it doesn't really sound all that difficult, and I like the idea of having it like drawers so they slide. I'm glad that was mentioned, because I could see myself blowing a fuse and running into the same problems accessing it. I'll keep you guys posted on what I end up putting in there. The wheels are definitely turning though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts