Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
400-500rwhp IMO on a piggyback or reflash. Maybe more with a standalone.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That much? I thought with that kind of HP, you have to have higher boost than the engine can safely handle. I guess tuning it helps...

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
Yep. Nah, we'll find out soon just how much it can hold, [email protected] Performance is going to push his until he bends/snaps a rod (he's a perfectionist btw, everything has to be just right, oh and he already has a built motor ready to install just in case).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
Yep. Nah, we'll find out soon just how much it can hold, [email protected] Performance is going to push his until he bends/snaps a rod (he's a perfectionist btw, everything has to be just right, oh and he already has a built motor ready to install just in case).
<div align="right">[snapback]83150[/snapback]
[/quote]
He's got a crate motor ready to go? Let me jump right on that... I'm going in the backyard and cutting down my money tree. :rolf2:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
<div align="right">[snapback]83150[/snapback]
[/quote]
He's got a crate motor ready to go? Let me jump right on that... I'm going in the backyard and cutting down my money tree. :rolf2:
<div align="right">[snapback]83158[/snapback]
[/quote]
Probably just a shortblock, it may be a longblock, not sure. :lmfao:

·
Registered
498 Posts
[/quote]

I'd say around the 400 WHP on 93 octane fuel and around 370 WHP on 91 octane fuel with a safe tuning strategy (correct ignition timing and air fuel ratio, not leaner than a 12 to 1 air fuel ratio at full engine load) for a daily driven turbocharged Z car. :cheers:

Peter

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Bill...you know I'm not a guru...but I agree with Peter. Best to build up if your whp goal is approaching the 400 mark.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for you opinon Kenny - you are much more of a guru than others, you've at least done a TT kit - not just read about it.

Peter - I know that you're developing a Single Turbo Kit, what is the reasoning behind going with a Single Turbo? I'd assume that the Twin Kit is what makes the most power & therefore what most everyone wants. Just curious for your point of view.

Sharif & Ernie - I'd love to hear your opinons on my question as well as anyone elses. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[/quote]

Now you're starting to get to what I'm after.
According to all that I've read so far - the OEM internals are only good to about that point, so if you want to go beyond 380 you'll need to build the motor & if you're going to build the motor - wouldn't twins be the logical answer?
I mean to build the motor you're looking at between 5-7K why would the single make any sence?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
380-400whp in a daily driver is plenty IMO....why would you want any more unless you're going to track it?

Note:my Z is not a daily driver nor do I/will I track the car.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/quote]

Mine is neither Daily Driven or used on the track - although if Mid-Ohio would let me I'd run it there.

My concern is if I were to take a heavily modded N/A Z (say around the 300 mark) then add a Single Turbo kit where would I end up? 400? 440? 480?
At those numbers will the stock internals be able to survive?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]

Mine is neither Daily Driven or used on the track - although if Mid-Ohio would let me I'd run it there.

My concern is if I were to take a heavily modded N/A Z (say around the 300 mark) then add a Single Turbo kit where would I end up? 400? 440? 480?
At those numbers will the stock internals be able to survive?
<div align="right">[snapback]83346[/snapback]
[/quote]
You'd probably end up in a ditch. :lmfao:

Seriously...too many variables to calculate even an approximate number IMO.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think you'll end up racing for the JGTC with all your mods, Bill. :lmfao: :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
498 Posts
[/quote]

Correct, a Twin Turbo system certainly has a higher power potential than any single turbo system for the Z though not everyone wants the capability of producing around 800 horsepower.

Peter

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/quote]

Are you talking power at the crank or at the wheels?

Thanks

Peter
<div align="right">[snapback]84809[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've got Crawford's & their Hi-flows as well. So my understanding is that your turbo kit would work with them - SWEET!!

Working with hp at the wheels. . . am worried that I may neet to do an engine build. If that is the case then I'll be holding off for a while & will probably end up going with the twins. :werd:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts