Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by cj1977@Nov 25 2004, 12:17 AM
Are all Z's equiped with cruise control?  Does the 04" touring model come with one?

Thanks

All trims except for the Base have cruise control, so yes, the Touring has it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will check my Z guide since its in my storage facility which is just up the road from my house. No...I did not get it just for the Z. I have other things in there too, but when I was getting deployed to Iraq (not any more though) I rented one out, and I stored both my Si and my Z in there. Well I am keeping it so I can store the Z in inclement weather and to work on my Si. C ya!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by DiRN+Nov 25 2004, 07:23 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-cj1977
@Nov 25 2004, 12:17 AM
Are all Z's equiped with cruise control?  Does the 04" touring model come with one?

Thanks

All trims except for the Base have cruise control, so yes, the Touring has it

Mine is a Touring version and it does not...so odd

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have never heard of a touring version or any version of a Z that doesnt have cruise except for the base model. It should be right on your steering wheel. Touring especially should have it.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by cj1977@Nov 26 2004, 11:54 PM
Mine is a Touring version and it does not...so odd

There is no such thing as a Touring that doesn't have it. Did you buy the car used? If you did, it sounds like someone sold you a Base with leather seats

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my registration papers say "touring" and my title says touring as well. My Z does not leather seats btw since you mentioned if I did or not. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Yes all touring models come w/ cruise control. You can match up your vin numbers (they tell what model you have) on courtesyparts.com, click on 350z and down at the bottom should be a link to vin number explanation. I thought all touring models came w/ leather seats too DiRN? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
If you dont have CC or leather seats then you definately dont have a Touring. Almost definately a base. Dont have anything on your steering wheel on the metal part at all do you? I hope you didnt pay the price of a Touring for it. That would really suck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmmmm..... something fishy there. Sounds like something fradulent going on. Based on the VIN number, a number of people should have caught that it was not a touring model. Either that or the VIN number is not the one for that particular car. You might want to do a little investigating to see if the VIN # from the title matches that on the body - look on the firewall and it should be stamped into it there. I believe it is also on the plate inside the drivers door opening.

I'm assuming you bought it used; did you get it from an individual or a used car dealer?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea i think your might be a base if it doesnt ahve it, so i would do some investigation as well. seems like they are trying to screw u over.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Nov 28 2004, 10:00 AM
I thought all touring models came w/ leather seats too DiRN? :dunno:

As others have mentioned already, yes that is correct.

This is actually a pretty common occurence. Dealers sell used Zs marked as trims they aren't all the time. I'm sure some do it not knowing any better, but it's a great way to get people to overpay for a used car

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by DiRN+Nov 28 2004, 11:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat
@Nov 28 2004, 10:00 AM
I thought all touring models came w/ leather seats too DiRN? :dunno:

As others have mentioned already, yes that is correct.

This is actually a pretty common occurence. Dealers sell used Zs marked as trims they aren't all the time. I'm sure some do it not knowing any better, but it's a great way to get people to overpay for a used car

Well I guess I screwed up then about the cruise control. I should looked closer at the factory sticker deal. I looked at this morning and it said nothing about cruise control and all the sticker said was "350Z". I took it on a 300 mile trip yester day, and I have learned to cope with out cc. Actually my Si does not have cc either so I am used to it. I still love my Z, but the next car or truck I get it will have cc for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I would assume you can. It's my understanding that not all that long ago you could walk into a store and buy cruise control for like $20. I don't know if it's that simple now. But there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to add cruise control to any car that doesn't have it. Unless you want it to be control through the steering wheel, then a little more work is involved

·
Registered
87 Posts
As far as I know there isnt a way to add cruise control to cars with "drive by wire" throttle bodies. Cars that have a traditional throttle cable can have cruise control added no problem. People who bought 03 model Sentras ran into a problem when halfway through the model year Nissan switched over to "drive by wire". So the salesmen were used to telling people that they could add cruise control then all of a sudden one day they were out of luck. I check from time to time with a shop that does a lot of aftermarket stuff for us and there is nothing new.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
How much did you pay for the car? I'm thinking you got hit hard just by buying the base while being lied to and told it was the touring. I'm guessing you don't have traction control either. This isn't something you should just look over. They could have charged you up to probably 5k over what the car is really worth.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Dec 6 2004, 10:51 PM
How much did you pay for the car? I'm thinking you got hit hard just by buying the base while being lied to and told it was the touring. I'm guessing you don't have traction control either. This isn't something you should just look over. They could have charged you up to probably 5k over what the car is really worth.

:stupid:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Dec 6 2004, 08:04 PM
I would assume you can.  It's my understanding that not all that long ago you could walk into a store and buy cruise control for like $20.  I don't know if it's that simple now.  But there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to add cruise control to any car that doesn't have it.  Unless you want it to be control through the steering wheel, then a little more work is involved

Well yeah, I am basically wanting to make my Base model capable of having CC like the Enth. models. So I am wondering if I will need a boat load of parts and $$$.

Thanks for any insight.

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Well according to BluZee, it's a lot harder to add cruise control than it used to be thanks to drive by wire

1 - 20 of 25 Posts