Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the creaking noise was just the beginning. Now when I shift from 1st to 2nd and release the clutch,... the tachometer will bounce a 3 or 4 hundred RPM's and then stabilize. it will do this all the way through the gears under acceleration. My car is at 43k so i was thinking that it could either be the bushings for the tranny or the diffs rear bushing that connects it to the subframe. please let me know what you guys know. i want to fix this asap. thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Does 'bounce' mean engine will rev those 300 to 500 RPMs higher and then settle down to a more consistent value?? If this is the case and the 300 to 500 becomes 500 to 700 (gets higher over time) I think youre losing your clutch and it'll have to be replaced.

Good luck -

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does 'bounce' mean engine will rev those 300 to 500 RPMs higher and then settle down to a more consistent value?? If this is the case and the 300 to 500 becomes 500 to 700 (gets higher over time) I think youre losing your clutch and it'll have to be replaced.

Good luck -
my clutch has been replaced already about 4k miles ago. and yes i mean the rpms will jump and then stabilize. if i put my car just in gear, with the engine off, and rock it forward and backward, it makes the creaking noise. it sounds more to the rear.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Pretty sure the creaking is bad bushings, or bushings that need lubed. Nothing to do with the clutch problem.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have this in my roadster, but when its only at slow speeds with the top closed... like under 10mph. Put the top down, doesn't make sound. Except, when turning my wheel right, at slow speeds, it sounds like the something is creaking as well.

Kinda freakin' me out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to have to go under my car and find out all the bushings that i will need to change. and order high quality polyurethane bushings, to fix this problem once and for all. i wish.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered this product. Can't wait to get rid of this problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You may also want to check out the lateral links on the rear suspension. It is a short bar that runs from the front of the hub to the chassis on each rear wheel. I had a bushing go bad and the link actually came off the bushing at the chassis and was rubbing up against it, which caused the creaking sound.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You may also want to check out the lateral links on the rear suspension. It is a short bar that runs from the front of the hub to the chassis on each rear wheel. I had a bushing go bad and the link actually came off the bushing at the chassis and was rubbing up against it, which caused the creaking sound.
thank you, and the rear mount never fixed the creaking. I’ve been out of the game for a while now. Still have my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts