Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions towards the Crawford headers and high flow cats?

-Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have read many posts of people's opinions / experiences with the Crawford products, and they have all been positive. I think that most people will tell you the same thing.

I installed my Crawford High Flow Cats about two weeks ago along with my exhaust, and love the deeper sound and increased performance that these cats provide. One of my main concerns when going with H-F cats was the reliability factor, and these are the only cats (that I have read about) that other members (here and other boards) have had for some time without any problems like many other brands out there.

Hard to go wrong with Crawford products.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Some consider them the best, I have not yet purchased cats or headers but if I did I would buy Crawford.
From the Crawford site:

"What better way to compliment your ride, that with the largest NA gain available in terms of HP & Torque!

When combined with the plenum and high flow cats, expect a whopping 20hp at peak - and near 40 hp at redline!"

I love how Borla exhaust sounds my only apprehension about buying cats and headers would be them effecting the sound of the exhaust, making it raspy or taking away the fullness of Borla. I don't recall reading that HF cats cause rasp, just test pipes.

My research will continue when I actually have the money for any of this.

Anyone else? I am far from the expert.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed my Crawford High Flow Cats about two weeks ago along with my exhaust, and love the deeper sound and increased performance that these cats provide. One of my main concerns when going with H-F cats was the reliability factor, and these are the only cats (that I have read about) that other members (here and other boards) have had for some time without any problems like many other brands out there.
1. What type of exhaust do you have?
2. Did it pass emisions?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
1. What type of exhaust do you have?
2. Did it pass emisions?
I have the APS 2.5 True Dual Exhaust system. I have not had to test for emissions as of yet, but expect for the system to pass. That is the other thing that I have heard from other users of the Crawford H-F cats - they have passed emissions.

In regards to losing the fullness that the Borla True Dual provides with Crawford H-F Cats, I would think that it would accentuate it. I hate the rasp., and that's one of my main reasons for choosing Crawford H-F Cats. My complete exhaust system sounds very deep and full, and I attribute most of this to the Crawford H-F Cats. If Peter from APS can chime in regards to the natural sound of the 2.5 APS exhaust and state if this exhaust system is supposed to sound deep and full without replacing the stock cats, then this might also clear up some details regarding the Crawford cats.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have their plenum, high flow cats and the headers. Doug knows his headers ae a work of art and they do produce great gains. Would I spend the money on them today again? Sure in a heart beat!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have their plenum, high flow cats and the headers. Doug knows his headers ae a work of art and they do produce great gains. Would I spend the money on them today again? Sure in a heart beat!
Gerry, how much power/torque did you gain from the Headers? How much was install for the headers? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Actually, some have said the rasp is caused by bad fittings between the different sections of aftermarket exhaust parts. Others have stated that it's the thickness or lack thereof in regards to the test pipes that cause the 'rasp.'

I think the headers will definitely accentuate the exhaust no matter what.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

they are not the cheapest out there neither

1 - 9 of 9 Posts