Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this from a friend

Alright I just got back from the dyno. I had to make some compromises in the comparisons you are going to see, but I don't think it messed up the results that much.

The peak I got was on the final run and it was 255.57 rwhp and 247.51 rwtq. That however was unfortunately taken in 5th gear. The other pulls were taken in 4th. Don't ask why because I couldn't tell ya. So what I did was throw out the highest baseline, which was 246.61 rwhp and 242.41 rwtq.

I compared the middle of the road Crawford pull to the middle of the road baseline and the worst baseline. For some reason, when I read the highest baseline on my reader software, the curves cut out between 4500 and 6000 rpm, or I would have compared the middle Crawford pull to the high baseline, even though that's not really fair.

Read the results for yourself. I'm very happy with it. Based on what Doug told me about dynoing the plenum (warming up the oil to the right temp), I probably could have gotten a few more hp up top, but my tuner was doing something for his racing team so we were a bit more rushed. All in all, good gains, great sound (or lack there of), and definite difference in driving experience. And mine looks like a million bucks! Pictures of the plenum on Doug's car are included, and I have pictures of the inside and whatnot but my camera is acting up.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
I am confused. Stock says 287, but when ever anyone posts it is below 287. Am I reading wrong or is 287 the max if you hit just right?

·
Registered
67 Posts
287 hp is at the crankshaft. There's always a drivetrain loss of power (basically the cost of horsepower to get the rest of it actually to your wheels). With a standard transmission, it's approximately a 15-17% loss and automatics can have up to over a 20% loss sometimes.

These dyno posts that you'll see are going to be how much power the car is actually getting to the wheels (unless someone actually goes to an engine dyno, but those are usually used for motorcycles and crate motors).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, i dont think the AUTO's dyno any less i personally dyno'd side by side with another Z 6MT and i dyno'd 247 w/ intake and exhuast, he had the same EXACT MODS, and only dyno'd 245, so it all depends on how the car wants to run and how you broke it in.......ME, i smoked the tired outta the dealership and did a 125 on the way home, the 6mt BABY'D it for 1500!!! Dunno i am a firm believer in drive it how its going to be drivin, and if your worried about longetivity, dont buy a sports car next time civics will last you 30 yrs with no mods and regular scheduled oil changes!!!

LATA'z

Erich aka JealouZ

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Well, i dont think the AUTO's dyno any less

Traditionally, automatic transmissions will have greater parasitic loss in the drivetrain than MT, resulting in lower dyno numbers. That being said, with newer technology the ATs are becoming much more efficient than they were in the past.

Those are some nice numbers from the Crawford, Jaysen.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
not sure (someone trying to raise post count maybe), but still a decent read.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts