Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the new Crawford Cast Plenum. I just followed the instructions and the install went without a hitch. I chrome plated the Crawford strut bar. A little eye candy never hurts!! What took the longest to do was to trim the OEM plenum cover. After triming the cover I used black door edge trim to finish off the edges. I can really tell the difference at the higher rpm"s. Great mod! Enclosed are a few install pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
You did a great job trimming the engine cover to fit....but I still like the way it looks without the cover better.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm not going to keep the engine cover on after my install. Best to keep all those parts intact and laying around then to cut it up. Besides, I think it will look better without.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I just got mine, now I need to clean it up and get her powder coated a different color.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Dropped off the plenum and strut bar braces (the 2 black pieces at the end) at a local powdercoat speciality shop. I'll probably have it by Friday, and it's costing me $110 to blast/clean the plenum and powdercoat the 3 pieces. Not bad...I'll be sure to post pics when I get them back.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
[/quote]

Just curious... What does blast/cleaning the plenum do for you?
<div align="right">[snapback]82962[/snapback]
[/quote]

The only reason that he's blasting the plenum is because the prior owner had "spray painted" it. I don't think he's doing if for performance - just looks.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yep, getting it blasted to clean up the residue paint. It's also being prepped for powdercoating, which will be like Daytona Blue. I'm having the strut bar brace matched.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]

Hey Smooth, this is off topic, but how is the noise level since the Helix test pipe install?
<div align="right">[snapback]83045[/snapback]
[/quote]
One doesn't notice it unless it's at half throttle or higher, or if you blip the pedal. Under normal driving conditions, you barely notice it at all. I like to refer to it as my highly modded JGTC racer. :lmfao: :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I totally forgot one thing. Do we need a new gasket or sealant when installing the plenum? Gotta be prepared for the worst...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks, Art. I'm assuming the gasket is the same whether it's for the OEM or aftermarket.

How's the VW?

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Yes Dave the gasket is the same.

Just called my local "stealer" to see if they had any on hand - just in case ya know - none of the dealers in my area have any in stock :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: guess that means that I'm gonna have to be careful & reuse the stock one. :goodtimes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts