Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. This is NOT going to be a fun thing to write up.

I leave this morning at around 10:15 to be to work for 10:45 becasue I decided I would go in early and maybe grab a muffin or something when I got to work so I could eat before. I am driving around 25 in a 20 and I get behind this van going somewhere under 20 mph. I go around him in attempt to keep up my pace and I am getting ready to go into an intersection but I notice the light is red, so I keep my pace and look over to see if there are any cars. There are none at all, so I continue my 25 mph pace and then all of a sudden I round the corner and see brake lights?!?! I slammed on my brakes and my tires begin screeching, so I cut the wheel some to try and avoid more damage. This IDIOT was stopped in the far right turning lane at a red light with NO cars around just sitting there doing god knows what! (i guess waiting for me to hit her).

Never-the-less I slam into the back of her with the front of my car. She was driving a Town & Country so all that happened to her car was a little bumper damage. My car, well, lets just say I wasnt so fortunate. This lady gets out of her car and immediatly I apologise. She says well I dont think its THAT bad and I have somewhere to be in 20 minutes. I was like, "Mam, I am sorry but there is no way I am leaving without calling the police, there is too much damage done to not have insurance cover this." She complains more and I explained that I also had somewhere to be. It was my first week on the job and I had 20 minutes to make it there on time. I called 911 and got them to send a trooper and also called work to tell them I might not make it in for another hour. Everyone was very understanding and everything went fairly well.

So the cop shows up and my mom showed up so I could get a ride to work. Well the cop was super nice and really let me off the hook big time. I was written up for "following too close" and he told me not to worry as the ticket would be dropped when proof that both vehicles were fixed was shown.

He looked almost as upset as I was about my car! Which was really good to hear, at least we had a nice officer. What really gets me is while we are sitting waiting for the cop to get done with the paper work, this lady starts chatting with us and she tells us how she has had this van since 1998 and its bad luck. Curious, we asked why, and she goes on to tell us that she has gotten in 3 wrecks now. The last one she claims she was driving at night and had taken "some medication" and she dozed off and slammed into a gaurd rail, losing control of her car. She explained thats why she had the big dents on the side of the van, because her and her husband had opted not to fix it since it "didn't look that bad." I wanted to kill her! Give me a break, you shouldn't even have a license! Why would you stay stopped in the far right lane at a red light when there are NO CARS AROUND and you know how bad the intersection is. There are huge blind spots at this intersection and people dont sit there for the reason that you will get run into because people can't see you untill the last second. She admitted to knowing that too! GRRR!!!

I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking, I am exhausted and I still made it to work (just an hour late) and worked my ass off for my entire shift. At least noone was seriously hurt, but my back is KILLING me now.

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://z.conceyted.com/wreck/dsc00481.jpg');}" />

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://z.conceyted.com/wreck/dsc00488.jpg');}" />

:headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:cry: I was wondering what was up with the pics! I thought you had a dent on the roof! :OMG: That's not the roof!

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jun 17 2005, 03:40 PM
:cry:  I was wondering what was up with the pics!  I thought you had a dent on the roof! :OMG:  That's not the roof!
[snapback]116930[/snapback]​

now he's got both!

that sucks man. some people like to sit at lights till they turn green....even when you can turn right on red. but, not everyone does it.

your back hurts? ya think that's from being on your feet all day...maybe you need a new pair of shoes. something better for waitering. :)

also, you get tickets there for being in an accident? i've never received a ticket...i just have to pay insurance premiums.

good luck with the car!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by djkern+Jun 17 2005, 04:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Jun 17 2005, 03:40 PM
:cry:  I was wondering what was up with the pics!  I thought you had a dent on the roof! :OMG:  That's not the roof!

now he's got both!

that sucks man. some people like to sit at lights till they turn green....even when you can turn right on red. but, not everyone does it.

your back hurts? ya think that's from being on your feet all day...maybe you need a new pair of shoes. something better for waitering. :)

also, you get tickets there for being in an accident? i've never received a ticket...i just have to pay insurance premiums.

good luck with the car!
[snapback]116932[/snapback]​
Just got a new pair of shoes to treat my feet for the new job. It isnt from being on my feet, but I am sure being on my feet didnt help me much at all.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Tension will f__k up your back, too.

Messed up week. Try something relaxing this weekend...should help both bruised back & soul.

Peace,

s

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well Chris that sucks BIG TIME! AND YOUR LIGHT :cry: I am sure you can get her fixed up good as new. I couldn't even look at Lucy after her bad wreck until they had all the body panels back on and she was ready for paint :cry: DJ in PA and VA at least, if someone was at fault they get a ticket for whatever they did that caused the wreck (drunk driving, wreckless driving, improper passing, whatever) Lets see, I've been in 6 wrecks, only ONE of them was my fault (3 months after getting my license :doh: ) One was a hit and run, the dude was never caught....but the rest the other ppl got tickets....

Well get some rest Chris and feel better. Take some aspirin or whatever pain killers you have around (DJ has some for ya! :wink: )
Get your baby fixed up good as new! At least no one was (seriously) hurt, but that lady maybe should have been :fish: LOL

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Jun 17 2005, 04:40 PM-->
Well Chris that sucks BIG TIME!  AND YOUR LIGHT :cry: I am sure you can get her fixed up good as new.  I couldn't even look at Lucy after her bad wreck until they had all the body panels back on and she was ready for paint :cry:    DJ in PA and VA at least, if someone was at fault they get a ticket for whatever they did that caused the wreck (drunk driving, wreckless driving, improper passing, whatever)  Lets see, I've been in 6 wrecks, only ONE of them was my fault (3 months after getting my license :doh:  )  One was a hit and run, the dude was never caught....but the rest the other ppl got tickets....

Well get some rest Chris and feel better.  Take some aspirin or whatever pain killers you have around (DJ has some for ya! :wink: ) 
Get your baby fixed up good as new! At least no one was (seriously) hurt, but that lady maybe should have been :fish: LOL
[snapback]116944[/snapback]​
i'm not sure if you get a ticket for causing an accident here in MA.

if you want doggy pain killers...i have them. human ones...nope....wish i did! :)

Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2005, 04:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Jun 17 2005, 03:40 PM

now he's got both!

good luck with the car!
[snapback]116932[/snapback]​
Just got a new pair of shoes to treat my feet for the new job. It isnt from being on my feet, but I am sure being on my feet didnt help me much at all.
[snapback]116934[/snapback]​

you really think your back hurts from that accident? i couldn't imagine you going very fast. i could believe that you tensed yourself up right before you hit her...then spending the day on your feet didn't help. sit in a hot bath...and have your woman give you a massage! :)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Sorry to hear, Chris. Hope the back feels better.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. This is the second accident in the z. The first was the common hydroplaning incident. I am confident the car will be fine. I am also going to have my emblem shaved on the front bumper like I always wanted and to look on the bright side of things, I wont have any rock chips!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Now you have an excuse to buy an aftermarket front bumper! :cheers: Good luck with your car man. I'd be pissed to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Am I understanding this right ? You rear ended the other car - right ?
If so, what are you griping about, it's your fault regardless of what she was doing there. Picking flowers, talking on the phone, flat tire, giving birth... doesnt' matter.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i share ur pain man!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by craigy@Jun 18 2005, 06:50 PM
If so, what are you griping about, it's your fault regardless of what she was doing there. Picking flowers, talking on the phone, flat tire, giving birth... doesnt' matter.
[snapback]117176[/snapback]​

Oh I know it was my fault, hence the title hangs head in shame. I am not blaming anyone else but this situation wouldnt be an issue if she would have gone a long time before like any normal driver would. She was loopy you would know after a minute of talking to her.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by Conceyted+Jun 18 2005, 07:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-craigy
@Jun 18 2005, 06:50 PM
[snapback]117176[/snapback]​

Oh I know it was my fault, hence the title hangs head in shame. I am not blaming anyone else but this situation wouldnt be an issue if she would have gone a long time before like any normal driver would. She was loopy you would know after a minute of talking to her.
[snapback]117192[/snapback]​

not to side with her....but, there honestly isn't any reason to make excuses. if she was loopey...if she was drunk...if she was masterbating...honestly, she could sit at that light till it turns green if she wanted to. it's an "accident"...no need to put some of the blame on her cause she wasn't doing what you would do.. if anyone should be blamed...it should be you. i feel bad that you crashed the car...but, don't make it sound like she was the one at fault. ya know? and, if she had taken some medication...maybe she was waiting for the light to turn green to be 100% sure no one was coming. i've seen plenty of drivers around here stay in the right lane and not turn until the light is green...some people are more cautious (and hesitant) than others. good luck with the car/ticket...upgrade some parts while you're at it. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts