Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I turn the steering wheel a certain degree, or when I go over speed bumps my car makes a cracking or popping sound. It sounds like it is coming from the suspension, but not too sure. I was wondering if anybody else had this problem or knew how to fix. I was going to take it to the Nissan dealer, but if anybody knew what was causing thatd be awesome. :doh:

·
Registered
310 Posts
My best guess would be a loose arm in the front suspension. Just a guess though. If I had to pinpoint it, I might suggest the front sway bar. I would take a look at the suspension and re-torque all of the bolts to the proper spec.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well I have a creaking in my front end, guessing it's the upper control arm link, BUT I had it in for service last week, they did the TSB for rear axel clicking, (which I didn't realize I was experiencing and didn't tell them I had that problem) but they "could not replicate" the front clicking, but checked and retorqued all suspension bolts/links but it still clicks slightly when I am turning onto a surface that is higher or lower than the surface I am sitting on, if that makes sense. :dunno: They said if I hear it again that they would want me to drive the techs around to replicate the sound, instead of them driving around in my Z trying to replicate it. :headshake:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car was doing this also. There is a TSB on it, it was just a nut that was not torqued down properly in the front suspension. http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bullet...3/NTB03-088.htm

Taking my car in this week to get the rear drive shafts replaced under warranty. This should take care of the popping noise I have in the rear. The car actually has CV joints between the differential and the wheel hub that go bad. Yay. http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bullet...4/NTB04-065.htm

Tranny is acting funny also...again. I'm thinking about trying to get them to put in ANOTHER transmission. I love the car but this is starting to get old.

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 here. I guess i'll be visiting my dealer tommorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts