Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

theres a few things i want to buy from courtesyparts, the K&N Typhoon, orange reflectors and some other little accessories. They quoted me US 100 for shipping

is anyone looking to buy anything from courtesy and would like to share the shipping cost with me

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'd really check out the Typhoon, if you haven't alrady.

I thought there was nothing really better than the OEM intake?

As always

H

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah there'll be some heat soak for sure considering the filter is mounted up high

but i want it more for the induction noise then the 'claimed' hp. The Z just has no engine note below 4000rpm

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
why don't u get the JWT popcharger?

Sorry Tpiace if you were saying earlier i would have joined you. Because i have just bought stuff from them yesterday.

cheers

P.S: i was interested with the K&N typhoon. but unsure because the price is a bit steep for atm :( blown my budget already :(

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i looked at the JWT, i do want a pod as it gives that cool sunction noise going on/off throttle, but the K&N looks a little slicker underbonnet with the chrome piping

what did u buy from Courtesy and how much they sting u for shipping?

have u dealt with any other US suppliers that u recommend?

i emailed performancenissanparts for a shipping quote as well, their stuff is nicely priced. I hope they reply, as id like to buy the auto dipping mirror as well, and its a fair bit cheaper on their site compared to courtesy

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
well i only bought the Zee braket and new nissan emblem. because i had the front bumper repaint and refill the hole on the back of the Number plate too. so i don't want to drill the hole therefore need to get the Zee braket.

The shipping for those item is US$50 with Fedex economy.

i have been to Performance nissan. they are great. but i guess you can't ask them to send through by USPS (Normal mail) because the K&N typhoon is a big item. but you can try and request that.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do u have any pics of the front of your car with the Z bracket? im thinking about how to mount the plate, i might just use 3M outdoor double sided tape

how do u remove the stock numberplate bracket?

i like this bracket, and with a slimline plate wont cover the grille. Which bracket is this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Des...350Z/Grille.jpg

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The Popcharger makes one **** of an induction racket, especially above 4000RPM. Most unboxed pods will make a racket, but comparing my car with someone else's who has the physically smaller A'PEXi Power Intake, the Popcharger makes more noise.

With the heat shield, heat soak isn't much of an issue. The only time the metal ring around the Popcharger has been higher than "ambient" has been in heavy traffic, where only active cooling is going to reduce temperatures.

The Typhoon is boxed, which might muffle that noise a bit (although it will be a lot more legal). If you're after the cold air induction kit, I made one from $10 of air con piping (and I'm considering getting a custom-made CF front bumper cutout).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
[/quote]

I haven't receive the Z bracket yet. but will post when it arrive and installed.

Btw how much is the shipping cost from Courtsey for your K&N typhoon?

·
Registered
297 Posts
[/quote]

I haven't receive the Z bracket yet. but will post when it arrive and installed.

Btw how much is the shipping cost from Courtsey for your K&N typhoon?
<div align="right">[snapback]105319[/snapback]
[/quote]

No need for the Zee Bracket - it's very simple to make up your own version that dosen't cover so much of the grille. If you look at post #20 on this link you'll see how easy it is to make your own. http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7438 I think Harry also uses this bracket???

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i really like the look of the K&N as well

i had a BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox on my Alfa and it sounded deep and throbby like a Rex, its amazing how much an intake changes the character of an engine

what im a little concerned about with the K&N is the box itself being metal. It will become an oven in stop start driving. What ill do is spray the inside of the metal box with some heat soak spray, my mate used this on his homemade airbox, cant remember what its called

re the plate, im just going to have one made out of corflu and reflective white lettering. I had one done for my dad and it hasnt been an issue for him

http://www.andycam.net/albums/album92/113_1350.sized.jpg

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Sam'
Just wondering how much does Coutesy quote you the shipping for the K&N typhoon? Because i might get it with you.

cheers

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If Performance Nissan Parts gives you some guff about having to go through UPS (like it says on their web site), give them a call. If you have a chat with them directly they're a lot more negotiable.

UPS strictly enforces customs and duty, as you'd expect, so you can pretty much tack on another 30% of the numerical cost of the product if you have to pay it. Its around 20% Import Duty, and you get charged the 10% GST on the cost of the product and duty combined. When the parcel arrives in the country, they will call you and sort out how you're going to pay for the Duty and GST before they'll release the package for local delivery.

For my second order from Performance Nissan Parts, I gave them a call due to other discrepancies and they eventually sent it via regular air mail. It took a little longer, but I picked it up from the post office and, after around 6 months, I still haven't received any invoice from the ATO or Customs in regards to it.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sweet thanks for the tip scathy

with regard to o/s packages, in the past i just get the seller to disclose a price less than AUD $250 on the item, that way it goes through customs without a problem and lands on my doorstep

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Sam i'm in Melbourne City (CBD) :) I thought the Fedex is about US$80? For 1 Typhoon i suppose.

i have been asking performance nissan for a while now (two weeks) and didn't get a reply.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts