Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,

I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death; I'm thinking about the 350Z for my next car, but have heard that's the one sticking point with the car.

Is it still a problem, and are there any other issues I should know about before buying one?

I'm thinking about ordering a Track model, but the dealer has got a Performance model equipped with a "Nismo" package which adds a cool 7K to the pricetag. They couldn't elaborate on what the entire package contained...... anyone here able to enlighten me?

Thanks in advance all!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Hey - First of all welcome!

Second, I wouldn't even consider purchasing a "Nismo Package" from a dealer, especially for that price. I saw a dealer offering this once and it only included the Nismo wheels and exhaust, whereas this could be purchased seperately for about $3k. They need to elaborate what this included but I highly doubt it's nearly enough to warrant an extra 7 grand.

I own a track model and love it, but whatever trim you decide is really based on preference. You can't go wrong - You'll love it for life regardless.

Only issue on my car was tire wear (which was taken care of) and the '04 and '05 models should not have a problem with this.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I work at Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, Texas. We have one Touring Z with a "Nismo Package". It has the Nismo wheels, exhaust, plate frame, floor mats, and a stillen wing? Does not really go with the Nismo theme.

I think that with all of that installed (mount and ballance wheels & tires - bolt on exhaust, paint and install spoiler - that sort of stuff) it adds about $5000.

There is not really a "Nismo Package" BUT dealers will add stuff to the car. Check to see if there is an addendum sticker on the window - that is supposed to have the options added and the prices.

Come buy your Z from me - I will make you a good deal - we are one of the very few dealerships that does not add a market adjustment (more $$$ if a car is popular) and we will also not charge you for things like paint and fabric protector - that stuff comes from the factory - it is all a SCAM!

I have had my car a month and love it more everyday!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thanks for the info everyone!

I called the dealer today and got the skinny on the "Nismo" pack they added to the car, and for 7K it includes cold air intake, exhaust, shocks, and wheels. Woohoo! Yeah I'd definitely want to go outside the dealer on aftermarket stuff.

Z-Salesman: thanks for the offer, I'm in So. California though!

Well if tire wear is no longer an issue, I'm really going to give this car serious consideration now. Going to give it a test drive after work. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Welcome to the boards! If they're including the entire NISMO s-tune suspension, that will generally run you about 2K. Tack on another 1800 for the wheels, 900 for the exhaust, and 250 for the intake, and you're still not getting your money's worth.

Like most people already said tire wear shouldn't be a problem in your 2005 model, and if it is it can be corrected fairly easily. I'm sure you'll love your test drive!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm anxiously waiting for the results of that test drive. I hope the dealer makes a great deal!

And welcome to the site. Hope you get it and be sure to post pics!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I cant believe they are charging 7k for that. Thats still at least a 2-3k markup on those items alone. Good luck on the test drive and hope to welcome you to the Z family soon.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by MHakkinen@Sep 22 2004, 05:41 PM
Great thanks for the info everyone!

I called the dealer today and got the skinny on the "Nismo" pack they added to the car, and for 7K it includes cold air intake, exhaust, shocks, and wheels. Woohoo! Yeah I'd definitely want to go outside the dealer on aftermarket stuff.

Z-Salesman: thanks for the offer, I'm in So. California though!

Well if tire wear is no longer an issue, I'm really going to give this car serious consideration now. Going to give it a test drive after work. Wish me luck!

now it was all of that with the swaybars and the new US version bodykit added, i would consider it. good luck with your Z and welcome to the board

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yeah and only if it was the actual NISMO bodykit. No replica's!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts