Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the service manual for my 2003 350z and i am trying to change the thermostat. One step requires to drain all coolant from the radiator and cylinder block, however i cannot locate the cylinder block drain bolts? any help would be appreciated, especially with photos. Thanks

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
You shouldn't need to pull the sleeve drains to do this. I did a coolant flush by just using the radiator drain plug. I'm sure you can drain what you can from there and swap out the thermostat with minimal spillage.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Disconnecting the lower radiator hose from the engine will drain all of the coolant.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
As mentioned you don't need to drain the entire system, only time you want to do that is if you are switching to another type of coolant that cannot mix. Just open up the radiator drain and by the time that stops you will have most of the coolant out and below the level of the thermostat. The coolant will come out a lot faster if you open up the radiator cap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (westpak @ Jan 12 2009, 06:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=565422
As mentioned you don't need to drain the entire system, only time you want to do that is if you are switching to another type of coolant that cannot mix. Just open up the radiator drain and by the time that stops you will have most of the coolant out and below the level of the thermostat. The coolant will come out a lot faster if you open up the radiator cap.
so wheres this radiator drain plug.... maybe im looking at the wrong place or just blind? :doh:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Dude, get under the car, it's on the bottom of the radiator. Can't miss it. I think its on the passenger side, plastic bolt thingy that takes a phillips screwdriver to remove. Make sure you open the fill and air breather lines to let it flow out easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just replaced the radiator with a full aluminum radiator by G-Plus, also replaced the thermostat. Now trying to burp the system, but the spill free funnel attach to rad cap. Keeps filling up with coolant. Having to turn vehicle off. At a lost, help please. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts