Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just the other day i noticed that there was coolant leaking, to which i thought was the hose just below the throttle body, but it appears to be a plug or something that fell off guessing due to the heat. the hole is located in between both the hose and throttle body. turned the car on and started leaking immediately
IMAG0602 (1).jpg

·
Registered
654 Posts
Pablo,

I checked the online parts diagrams at Courtesy Nissan (courtesyparts.com) and nissan4u.com, and neither showed the part you indicated. Apparently it's not supposed to come off the manifold. I would try to find another Z and see what the part actually looks like. The you could get a local machinist to make one, or try to source a second-hand manifold as a replacement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im taking the car to a shop a friend of mine recommended, nissan was telling me i had to buy the whole plenum new, but im going to let the guy at the shop look at it and see if he can do an easy fix.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1 Posts
just the other day i noticed that there was coolant leaking, to which i thought was the hose just below the throttle body, but it appears to be a plug or something that fell off guessing due to the heat. the hole is located in between both the hose and throttle body. turned the car on and started leaking immediately
View attachment 47050
FYI you are not alone. Easiest solution appears to be a throttle coolant delete. Basically you buy a connector, and remove those two hoses heading to the bottom of the plenum by the throttle body (you pretty much have to remove the throttle body first) and then connect those two hoses together. Here's a tutorial which also explains the purpose of the coolant line being there in the first place:

Takes about ten minutes if you are not a dumbass and don't forget to put the hose clamps back on the two hoses again before you install the throttle body again. 🙄

1 - 6 of 6 Posts