Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Roadster. I went to close my soft top. The very last step in the closing process, where the rear window gets latched and fully seated to the trunk doesn't work so I'm left with a half inch gap across the back window. Seems like the motor or mechanism to fully pull the rear latch down and fully seat the rear window is malfunctioning. It looks like it tries to pull it down and then quits. Anyone else have or seen posted similar issues?

Juan L.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea there is a tsb i believe for your exact problem. There are 2 elastic strips that help pull the top down into position at the final stage and they loose there tension over the years. I have changed 2 sets already and both times i was like " there is no way in **** this will fix it" But to my surprise it fixed it both times!! Ill have to see if i can find the part number to the kit to fix it at the dealership. It has everything u will need to fix it. Its easier then it sounds..

·
Registered
1 Posts
yea there is a tsb i believe for your exact problem. There are 2 elastic strips that help pull the top down into position at the final stage and they loose there tension over the years. I have changed 2 sets already and both times i was like " there is no way in **** this will fix it" But to my surprise it fixed it both times!! Ill have to see if i can find the part number to the kit to fix it at the dealership. It has everything u will need to fix it. Its easier then it sounds..
any luck on that part number

1 - 5 of 5 Posts