Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the motors are located on the 350Z 2004 model to the top? There are two.
I had replaced the electric window motor and the part was almost $400 bucks and had my friend install it. Otherwise it would have been expensive to bring it to the dealer. I figured the two motors plus the labor at the dealership is going to cost $1500 or more!!
As anyone had work done on theirs to give me an idea of the amount of money it will cost me?
Is it better to find someone to repair other than the dealership so I don't get ripped off?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, there are actually a total of 3 motors. What is the exact issue you are having? I actually wrote a How To guide for the 350 Roadster on my50z.com a while ago that got great reviews. The issue in my case was the fifth bow motor wasn't retracing the roof fully into the storage compartment. My how to shows how to revove the motor and replace the brushes. This motor gets the most use and is under the most strain, so many times this is the only motor that has an issue.

How To Repair 5th Bow Motor, with photos. - MY350Z.COM Forums

When I get a second I will post the full thread on here.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any questions please feel free to pm me.

BlueBadge

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, these are awesome directions. I will see if my guy can do this for me! Do you know where the other motors for the converitable are? I want to the other two cleaned out as well since I think the one that lifts the front might be going to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would you know it not one problem after all these years until NOW :angry: thanks for the thread looks like I will be doing this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have same Z, hard top sticks during opening, with a slight push up it continues fine. Closing sequence no problem. Can you help with problem? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts