Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2005 Roadster and am asking if anyone knows what material the top is made of? vinyl or fabric? Thanks I work out of country and can't contact the dealership.........

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
There have been a lot of very long & heated debates over exactly what the top is made of. Some think vinyl & others cloth. Best as I can tell is a polly-blend of some sort. T - was correct get some of that 303 stuff if you can find it.

You really shouldn't have to clean it all that often (bird poo is the only exception that I can think of). I've had mine since 10/03 & have only had to "clean" the top twice.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
I agree with Buff, it's a poly or poly blend. Definately not cloth.
303 has a top care kit. It has a cleaner and protectant.
BTW, DO NOT Scrub the top, or direct a heavy spray on it! Unfortunately, there are a lot of birds here, so I have had to clean the top several times, the 303 makes the job quick and easy.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello PaulO, is polyblend considered vinyl? because the 303 protectant only has 2 types: vinyl and cloth. They also have something called a Tonneau top. I didn't see anything for polyblend. I'm looking for a cleaner and protectant for my top. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Just did some research and found out the top is a woven PVC material. I use the vinyl kit, probably gentler on the top since cloth tops can tend to stain easier. 303 may have also added chemicals that help can help keep the PVC soft and pliable.
Don't know if the one for tonneau covers would be good or not. This type of cover is made of a sheet vinyl. Wouldn't want to seal up the weaves on the roadster's top.
BTW the only stupid question IS the one not asked.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
42 Posts
Aloha,
Just did some research and found out the top is a woven PVC material. I use the vinyl kit, probably gentler on the top since cloth tops can tend to stain easier. 303 may have also added chemicals that help can help keep the PVC soft and pliable.
Don't know if the one for tonneau covers would be good or not. This type of cover is made of a sheet vinyl. Wouldn't want to seal up the weaves on the roadster's top.
BTW the only stupid question IS the one not asked.

A Hui Hou

PaulO
http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry431171

Read it and weep....the top is made of CANVAS and not vinyl.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Mahalo TBELL and TallanZ!

Did a bit more checking and guess what? Found this in the '05 Z Factory Manual:

Sec BL, page 237

[attachment=23944:ZR_Detail.JPG]

A Hui Hou

PaulO

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts