Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know and some of you may not, I have been waiting and attempting since August to get reimbursed for my out of pocket expense when I got my front tires replaced. So after faxing all my info to Nissan 5 times I called 2 weeks ago to find out it was denied. Reason being "I didnt submit proof of payment" BULLCRAP!!!! is what I said, I told them who I spoke with and how I got confirmation that all info was recieved, readable, and everyting they needed was intact. So 2 weeks ago they said they would re-review it and call me back. To this day I never recieved a call. I got ahold of a rep that transfered me another agent that is working my case. Now this guy I have to give props to. He was cool and totally understood my situation. I was telling them I dont mean to profile anyone that works at Nissan but everytime I would call on case I would get ahole of some Middle eastern that couldnt speak english and how there communication skills sucked. He actually agreed with me :) ... anyways he told me that if I would like I could send all the info to him and he would go ahead and take care of it that day. Everything was going great until this was said. Now keep in mind I have been going through this since August and this was the first time this was ever communicated to me 3 months later. He tells me they will only reimburse you if you purchased front tires that are the exact OEM size of 225/50/17 ... I was like woah woah, say what now... he said they are getting very picky on what size tires people are replacing with so they are only reimbursing people that bought 225/50/17 tires. I told well then we have a problem. I bought 235/45/17 which diameter wise is the exact same freaking size. He told me then most likely they wont give me my money for the tires. WTF!!!!!!!!! I was madder than a hornets nest. So when I got home I printed every letter nissan sent out in regards to the Reimbursemtn and know where is it ever stated or implied that the tires have to be exact OEM size. So I am getting all my stuff together, calling Consumer Affairs back tomorrow and I am going to give them the what for if they dont take my stuff...

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what I could do? I am just so fed up with this crap yall. I am not a quiter by anymeans but I am just ready to give up and be like fine dont pay me back my $280.... I am sorry but I just had to vent. This really just pissed me off big time.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
My personal thoughts? I wouldn't waste my time. Get it aligned by an outsource (A RESPECTED ONE) in your area, and eat the bucks. F stupid belligerant service managers. I have found a good one in my area that I trust, but the previous one that had me take the Z in for alingment 3X back in 03 :OMG: and all three times "the printer was down so we cannot do the tsb" and outsourced it to the friggin FORD DEALERSHIP to get aligned :doh: I would not take it back to them if there was not another dealership for 500 miles.......

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Consider it an investment that you would have eventually made. Better that than living with the other size tires. Don't be mad or let it build up, just chalk it up to lesson learned. Think of this way: If they had never come up with the reimbursement plan, you would have to spend that anyway.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Go to http://lemonlaw.bbb.org/

File a formal complaint online.

If Nissan still refuses to re-imburse you after you file your complaint, insist on arbitration.

Nissan will have to go to arbitration, they are bound by their agreement with BBB Autoline.

Arbitration will cost you nothing - Nissan must pay the Arbitrator and and other costs.

Since there is no written statement limiting the replacement to the exact same size you are almost certain to win.

If you did lose you have cost yourself nothing but time, however Nissan will have paid far more than the cost of the tires so you are in a Win Win situation.:lmfao:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts