Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the Kinetix plenum/hi flow cats package along with the Stillen valve body upgrade. Any thoughts, experiences, advice, etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Not a bad choice - I decided to go with the Crawford set-up (Headers, Hi-Flows & Plenum) mated to the Borla TD. I've had most of the package for a year now & love every rev. I sugguest that you look into the new Crawford plenum ($350) it's a cast piece so there is no longer a need to send Doug your stock plenum. I will also be adding the Stillen Valve Body as soon as the weather breaks enough for me to get it to the shop.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

Thanks Buff. I just cant decide If I want to lose the stock strut bar or not. The new Crawford plenum does look like a very nice piece though.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
[/quote]

:thumbsup: I didnt want to be the first one to say something negative about kinetix , but Im with you...

BluZee - they had numerous problems with their plenum cracking ( yes , its plastic :doh: ) as far as I know , their latest version #62634621 is fine...
Crawford also had few different versions of their plenum , but they were only to improve its look , no defects..

:waiting for Dave to start praising kinetix:

·
Registered
562 Posts
As far as I know kinetix have also fitment issues with cats and their camber arms requiring bending so they fit. I wouldn't touch any of their stuff myself, everything they make seems to be very poor quality control. There are other cheap options out there.

If you are price conscious got for the Ultimate Racing cats, I didn't hear any bad things about them. As for plenum I would be patient and wait for the results from the plenum spacers. They might be a cheaper alternative then the Kinetix plenum and work just as well with out cracking.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Another vote for the new Crawford plenum...and thier strut bar. You lose the engine cover but that's a small price to pay IMO.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
[/quote]

You may want to read a few other boards and see what they have to say about UR Cats. There seems to have been issues with the filliment breaking down & cloging. (Kinetix has also had this issue)

Plenum spacers have been tried in the past (before Crawford came up with the plenum design) & was not shown to have significant power increases. (If you look at the dyno charts you'll notice that the hp drops significantly at @ 6000rpm, makes one wonder what's going on with that, since it doesn't usually start to fall that early) Just food for thought - not trying to start a war or anything.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot guys. If I didnt go with the Kinetix hi flow cats im sure the Crawford cats wouldnt be a bad idea either. I think they are about the same price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/quote]

Its a reworked valve body that increases the flow of fluid in the transmission so that the clutches dont slip has much and in turn shifts a lot firmer and harder. Should help make up for having an auto in the first place. :rolf2: I can get one through our account with Stillen for under $699.

Im glad somebody finally replied to this topic. You guys are awesome!

:yourock:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Jan 25 2005, 10:02 PM

:waiting for Dave to start praising kinetix:

Dave (Sits back and keeps mouth shut on this one to keep Art happy)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Nuff@Jan 26 2005, 07:16 AM
As far as I know kinetix have also fitment issues with cats and their camber arms requiring bending so they fit. I wouldn't touch any of their stuff myself, everything they make seems to be  very poor quality control. There are other cheap options out there.

I will jump in on this one though. The fitment issues have been corrected for a long time now.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

:cheers:

no matter how you look at it , Crawford > kinetix
<div align="right">[snapback]65446[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually now that they have their new aluminum one out I would have gone for that one. Kinda late now but I am satisfied with my current Kinetix.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I personally think the concept behind kinetix is good. But if cracking and fittment is that bad then maybe ill think twice. Anyone have a kinetix thats happy with it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts