Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just need more answer

1. If I do upgrade ECU for N/A now, do I have to re-upgrade after getting TT?

and then I just put EMS which comes with TT in her?

2. do the upgrade ECU after getting TT, then put the EMS in.

3. could you give me some sites about ECU (not EMS)?

thank you.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well from my understanding the only ECU is the technosquare reflash right now!! the EMS just allows you to tune your car anytime you want, this allows you to change the configurations of your ECU. the ECU reflash is programmed for your mods at that paricular moment so if you added more mods later you would have to get it reflashed. IMO i would go with the EMS

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx ^^ my friend and I discussed about this.
ok...let me make conclusion...If I do upgrade ECU now, there are just few things to do for now. so...this is my stage in my opinion.

1. putting EMS for stock -> 2. change to APS TT w/ EMS(?) 3. upgrade ECU then take APS EMS off.

but my friend doesn't want me get EMS for stock. just little bit I don't understand him. he said if I get EMS for stock, my stock engine would not bear some changed things..now I'm considering what I should do first for her...EMS or header??

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well, i would mod your car first and then worry about the ECU stuff later. the more you MOD, then that mean you willh have to adjsut the ECU to those mods, so it makes no sense getting the ECU reflased right now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
dont worry about the TS reflash unless u want that higher rev limit... and ecu and and ems are 2 completly different things... for example 1 of the most popular EMS systems out right now is the AEM EMS... which is a standalone system, not a piggyback liek the greddy emanage or the TS reflash... but the AEM is like 2K but offers a HUGE amount of tuning capabilites and an authorized AEM tuner can wring out every ounce of power the car is capable of, also can make different maps for you that you can switch between 1 for race octane level ect....

IMO if you have the money.. mod up then get the AEM EMS system and your car will be very well tuned and reliable... or you can get a different EMS like the HKS fcon-v... hope this helps a little

1 - 6 of 6 Posts