Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to buy a 350z,but i saw the edmund article professional driver review long term test about how it drive.and stated too stiff ride can't drive it everyday only for weekend car it will kill your body over every pot hole and uneven road.although it provide excellent handling and power,it doesn't feel excited to drive and not connected to the road .I don't want to regret buying it ,i own a prelude now

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Sammy,

Going from a prelude, you will feel more connected to the road than ever in a Z. The article is true, if you live in NYC like me, you don't want to drive this car every day in every scenario. It's a purpose built machine, so it will ride a bit more rough than that BMW or Lexus that attempts sportiness, but is really a comfort car at heart. The Z is a sports car, period.

Go drive one. It'll speak for itself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in nyc too road is suck is the track model too stiff , hey guy how is the driving like is it entertaining and exciting like my prelude or better maybe.me

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Well, even if you have a last model Prelude Type-SH, the Z will blow it out of the water with handling. I know, because I have driven the SH with the active diff. If it's an older lude, well, you get the idea.

The Z really is a great car.. I honestly couldn't see myself driving anything else (well, except for a GTR or Ferrari..)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
edmunds is BS.

i love this car i have no clue what they are comparing it to.

maybe a land yacht cadillac with big boat suspension LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, even if you have a last model Prelude Type-SH, the Z will blow it out of the water with handling. I know, because I have driven the SH with the active diff. If it's an older lude, well, you get the idea.

The Z really is a great car.. I honestly couldn't see myself driving anything else (well, except for a GTR or Ferrari..)
you don't miss the vtec engine .how is the steering response like compare to prelude .and the driving experience compare. dealer they won't go to highway to see the 350z capable of.please give answer, cash is on the table,I own many sport car just can't get the prelude offff my mind.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
edmunds is BS.

i love this car i have no clue what they are comparing it to.

maybe a land yacht cadillac with big boat suspension LOL
they are comparing to a mustang a RX8 and the z place third place.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
you don't miss the vtec engine .how is the steering response like compare to prelude .and the driving experience compare. dealer they won't go to highway to see the 350z capable of.

You won't miss the vtec engine, trust me. With the VQ35DE, you have continuous access to "vtec", or the more aggressive cam lobe. Doesn't matter the rpm, like it matters with vtec. You don't have to wait until 4500rpm to feel your car pull, you get that feeling from just above idle. Not to mention the torque!

Where in NY are ya? If your close, we can go for a demo. You'll be hooked man lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You won't miss the vtec engine, trust me. With the VQ35DE, you have continuous access to "vtec", or the more aggressive cam lobe. Doesn't matter the rpm, like it matters with vtec. You don't have to wait until 4500rpm to feel your car pull, you get that feeling from just above idle. Not to mention the torque!

Where in NY are ya? If your close, we can go for a demo. You'll be hooked man lol
thanks alot not close, which model is good for city driving is the track too hardcore for daily run.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
All models will feel the same. There isnt an engine nor suspension difference in any of the Z's, so no it doenst matter which one in everyday driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts