Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am doing some work on the car this weekend to be able to up the boost on the stock block before putting in the built block, which hopefully be in the next month or two, so I did a compression test on the engine to be safe before upping the boost and all cylinders were 200, the manual says average is 185 with minimum being 142 so the engine is like new, this is after almost 39K total miles and almost 19k with the Greddy kit.

Just FYI for those unsure about going forced induction on the VQ.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Was this on a hot motor? I did a compression test on my motor before I went to GRD for some troubleshooting. I did it on a completely cold motor and if I remember right, I was in the mid 160's across the board.

Being a full aluminum block, the test performed on a hot vs cold motor can have really varying results.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was this on a hot motor? I did a compression test on my motor before I went to GRD for some troubleshooting. I did it on a completely cold motor and if I remember right, I was in the mid 160's across the board.

Being a full aluminum block, the test performed on a hot vs cold motor can have really varying results.
It was almost cold, I just started it to pull it out of the garage to center it and back it in, then I removed the upper and lower plenum before starting the compression so by the time I got to the last one it was probably over an hour at least.

·
Registered
728 Posts
you guys do motor builds at your shop?

if so, what clearances do you use - piston/wall clearances?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts