Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magazine article summaries, videos and direct experience reviews of the 350Z up against other vehicles. Big thanks to the original posters of these threads. Note: Links may no longer be valid. if you find a dead link PM me so I can remove or fix it.

Big thnx to Apsilon cause i'm going to plagiarise the crap out of his work! :thumbsup:

magazine comparos

350Z vs CV8 vs TT3.2 vs RX8 vs BMW330 vs AlfaGT, EVO article

350z vs

350z vs Supra
350z vs C32 AMG
350z vs EVO 8
350Z vs '02 STi
350Z vs '02 WRX
350z vs XR6turbo
350Z vs HSV R8
350Z vs S2000
350Z vs Astra Turbo
350Z vs RX8
350Z vs '05 WRX
350Z vs LS2 HSV Clubsport
350Z vs S15 200SX
350Z vs '99 911 Convertible (Auto)

performance mods - articles and write-ups

APS TT article from MOTOR
APS TT impressions
APS TT 400m
Tested: Falken Azenis RS-V04
Goodyear F1 GS D3 Review
Rogue Shifter
Hi-tech vid
G'tech and G'tech times...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone willing to import some articles from our old forum pls feel free. I'll link up here anything good posted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by zuffy@Nov 11 2004, 08:35 PM
Big thnx to Apsilon cause i'm going to plagiarise the crap out of his work!  :thumbsup:

:biggrin: I just put the list together. Most of the work probably belongs to DavidM

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Good stuff Zuffy ... I'll copy some of the other comparos when I get the chance ... I have just copied the HSV vs R8 one, so would be good to include it in the 1st post.

I think after that we'll be missing mainly the dynos.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thank's zuffy - Always good to re-visit these articles

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
added the most recent WRX thread! I'll skim through and add a few more of the interesting topics.

I'll be off to teh Snowy Mountains for a week come this Friday...so don't be offended if i don't reply. :)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
just smoked a new 05 WRX on the way home. We went from a roll at 100, and just kept pulling on him till i called it off at 160, i was in 3rd pretty much the whole race up until the very end. Nice kill i thought considering this thing was sporting a big exhaust and alot of turbo wastegate noise, he went through at least 2 gears. And i remembered to turn the VDC off this time, so 3rd into 4th was seamless and super quick......im getting the hang of it now :cheers:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VDC wouldn't matter since it's a moving start!

And the WRX guy was silly to think he could match a torque curve like the Zeds. From stand still it would be a closer call though.

Nice feeling to put a Rex in it's rightful place though. :)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Last time i tried fast shifting with the VDC on it cut the power when getting back on the throttle for what felt like a good second

Yes the WRX mob are the best to own, especially the ones who chant "nah bro rexies are the fully fastest cars in the world man"

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added those to the list :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
It's not possible to open any of the links from here, and then actually post a reply in thos etopics. As it is, when you open a link fromthis thread, it will also log you out.

Then you try and log in, but you'll loose the page that you wanted to opne from here. You can keep on going round in circles and never get anywhere.

This is very annoying so can it be changed/fixed? Should I PM someone in particular?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went out with a few mates on Friday night for a cruise.

1. 06 xr6t ute auto – exhaust and springs
2. AU XR8 - stroked motor, exhaust,springs and wolf ecu
3. 05 Audi S4 (4.2 V8) – air filter, 20inch rims! And a remus exhaust and Crazy tiptronic gear box.
4. 05 Audi Quattro turbo sedan
5. 03 SLK
6. lil bro Ceffy – GTR motor with N1 steel wheel turbo’s.

My car – 05 roadster – track. Stock standard.

Well we had fun!! and I must must admit we were extremely surprised at how the zed performed.

Blew the SLK and the turbo audi away. – off the line and in motion.

The XR6 ute took me off the line and then started to pull away by a car length and held that gap – I kept up ok though.
I ran the XR6T in motion and we both flat sticked it from 60 km’s – neither one of us could pull away from each other.

The S4 – well for 100k and 4wd – it blew me off the line clearly but couldn’t pull away. The Zed kept up to the rear bumper till we decided to stop.
In motion it would slowly pull away – very slowly.

The ceffy blew everyone away – but it has 300rwkw – so no fair.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts