Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you guys speak on the differences between the 350z and the SRT-6? What are the strengths/weakness of both cars compared to each other. In my mind they are in the same class with the srt-6 being a little bit faster. I don't want any bashing on any of the cars just you guys comparisons and thoughts between them. This is for those who have, or have drive both (and not just in with the dealer)

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
It's the new Chrylser Ugliest Rear End Ever... I mean Crossfire (I think Chrysler people don't like to call the cars by their actual name because they are embarassed)

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I think the srt-6 has a slight advantage in power.. about the same size engine with a supercharger = 340-ish horsepower?

I cant comment on the reliability, handling, but it better be faster in a straight line..

It is built on the mercedes slk 320 platform and uses mostly mercedes parts.

i dont think its as sexy as the z.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I remember a thread about this from a while back, or maybe it was discussed in the PW thread. Anyway, I think the SRT-6 has the turbo engine. If that's the case, it's def faster than the Z. I believe it rates around 340hp.

Correction: 3.2L supercharged V6 with 330hp and 310 ft-lb of torque. Impressive....for $46k and up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree about the looks. But that aside how is the finish inside? And the handling? From what I can tell in a strait line its about .2 of a sec faster then the z for the 1/4. Not that the z is made for that. I have heard good things about the handling of the crossfire.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
normally i would not consider an american car, but since most of it is german and its built in germany i might.. but i dont like the butt end of it..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I was driving (sitting) behind a crossfire in traffic the other day, and really liked the rear end portion lines.

I must also say that, I have never sat in one, but I really like the interior due to its materials, look, and being very tight (small).

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
... by the same company whose quality has gone down since merging with Chrysler. Unless the backend says RAM, I would never buy a modern Chrysler

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
...Not even if it said RAM, would I buy one.

Road & Track didn't like it much....

Costs about the same as a TT350Z?.....

& I DON'T like the way they look front, back or sideways.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[/quote]
Regarding handling, most cars that handle really well appear on race tracks. I have never seen one on any race track. Nor have I ever driven one though. I have not seen its sister car on any race track either. However, they sure do race the Z's and they win against a very strong Porsche 911 field.

As for the other issues:
-MB is now ranked 26th in two-year quality. This is the worst ranking for any German automaker.
-Chryslers quality is also laughable.
-The Chrysler warranty requires a deductable. In other words, if something breaks that shouldn't, you still have to pay.
-But ****, that thing should be pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
Regarding handling, most cars that handle really well appear on race tracks. I have never seen one on any race track. Nor have I ever driven one though. I have not seen its sister car on any race track either. However, they sure do race the Z's and they win against a very strong Porsche 911 field.

As for the other issues:
-MB is now ranked 26th in two-year quality. This is the worst ranking for any German automaker.
-Chryslers quality is also laughable.
-The Chrysler warranty requires a deductable. In other words, if something breaks that shouldn't, you still have to pay.
-But ****, that thing should be pretty fast.
<div align="right">[snapback]94382[/snapback]
[/quote]
:rolf2: :lmfao: :nana: :clap: :headshake: Well said, well said.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Speaking of Blow-Par:

Man Arrested After Shooting His Car To 'Put It Out Of Its Misery'

POSTED: 6:33 am EDT April 20, 2005
UPDATED: 8:42 am EDT April 20, 2005

LAUDERDALE-BY-THE-SEA, Fla. -- A man with car trouble is in trouble after allegedly shooting his 1994 Chrysler LeBaron.

John McGivney, 64, pumped five rounds from a .380-caliber semiautomatic into the hood, Broward County sheriff's deputies said Tuesday.

When the property manager at his apartment complex asked what he was doing, McGivney said, "I'm putting my car out of its misery." He tucked his gun in a pocket and went back inside.

Deputies responding to a report of gunshots Friday ordered McGivney to come out of his apartment and arrested him on a misdemeanor charge of discharging a firearm in public. He posted $100 bail Saturday.

McGivney said the car has been giving him trouble for years and has "outlived its usefulness." He called the shooting "dumb" and worries he will be evicted. But he doesn't regret it.

"I think every guy in the universe has wanted to do it," McGivney told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel on Tuesday. "It was worth every **** minute in that jail."

·
Registered
655 Posts
I group the Crossfire and Magnum together. 2 powerful American cars(?) that are both really ugly but very fast.

If you're going to spend $47k for a Crossfire you might as well spend a few more benjamins and get a C06. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by maximZ+Apr 20 2005, 05:52 PM-->
I group the Crossfire and Magnum together.  2 powerful American cars(?) that are both really ugly but very fast.
Muscle cars?
<!--QuoteBegin-maximZ
@Apr 20 2005, 05:52 PM
If you're going to spend $47k for a Crossfire you might as well spend a few more benjamins and get a C06.  Seriously.

I'm guessing you mean a C6. If you did, the MSRP of the coupe is the same as the MSRP of the SRT-6 coupe

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
C6 is 5x the car, too! Z06 is the hotrod 'vette!

I've heard the Z33 called a 'muscle car', too...but I think euros say that about anything aimed at the middle of the American performance market.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts