Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I'm probably coming down to Melbourne in mid-January with some friends, who are competing in Robot Wars.

Just wondering if people want to meet up, because I need to decide how long I'm staying down there for. They're only down for a weekend, but I was hoping to hit some nice street drives and maybe get a run on Philip Island if its available.

I checked the Philip Island Racetrack web site, but they don't list any open days. Does anyone know if anything is available in January? Otherwise, are people interested in going for a drive through Great Ocean Road, or showing me some of these other nice routes down there?

I'd love to meet up with you guys, and check out the fine work that you're all doing. I'd especially love to see Richie's car, and see how his NA monster is coming along.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am driving down to Melbourne from Sydney on the 16th of Jan, when exactly are you going there? Would be good to catch up again :) I am always up for a drive! :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hi Scathing, I'm sure there'll be plenty of people in Melbourne who will be more than happy to meet up.

As far as 'track activities' go, January is usualy ery quet in that regard. So far here are the nearest track dates that have been released for next year. So as you can see Feb is when it starts all over again.

- 4th Febuary = Calder, twilight (Alfa club)
- 11th Febuary = Calder, twilight (WRX club)
- 12th Febuary = Sandown (HSV club)
- 25th Febuary = DECA (Skyline club)
- 11th March = Sandown (MSCA club)
- 11th March = Phillp Island (WRX club)
- 19th March = Winton (Alfa club)

I'll be going to PI on the 11/3/06, but that does not fit in with your travels. Maybe PIARC will have a PI even before, but their site seems to be down at the moment so I can't chek for any info. Though try calling Warren Reid on 0417 873 273 as he was (and hopefully still is) involved in PIARC.

ps. I'm still planning on organizing Calder drag night sometimes in Jan ... not sure if you're interested in coming.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey yeah im going to sydney tomorrow as well. Anyways I'll be back by mid Jan and will definetly love to go on a GOR cruise with you guys. Just let me know when.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool.

It might be a weekender at this rate, unless someone can suggest something better. Which means my days and nights might be filled.....

I might come down again for F1 though, and stay longer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
GOR is cool man, i will be up too this time. so when will that be?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I might come down again for F1 though, and stay longer

That should be in April ... is that right? The track calendar (even at this early stage) is looking much better for that month:

- 9th April = Sandown (Maserati club)
- 23rd April = Phillp Island (MSCA club)
- 25th April = Sandown (WRX club)
- 30th April = Winton (HSCC club)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sandown might be interesting. Never even seen the track layout before.

The Island will be too late for me. I'll only be down for 1-2 weeks at the most.

But I will definitely be coming down for a weekender in January - since I'm going with people and I have so little time, I'm not sure if I'll have time for a meetup next month.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hi man,

I got a valve bent in my engine and waiting for Ferrea valvetrain set now... the car will not be ready until mid to late Jan though.. since Nizpro only comes back from their holiday on the 16th of Jan. and it will be their first job!

Here is the thread if you want to know how everything goes... I posted a dyno curve there too which was just before we clicked a valve... Nismo springs aren't strong enough for 7600rpm, so with Ferrea valves, it will be fine with 8000rpm! The car is still making power (the power hasn't dropped yet) even at 7300rpm!

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159519&page=1

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
288 Posts
scathing

Any up date on your Melbourne trip, this is a good dam excuse for a Melb meeting/drive let get it happening???????

Cheers

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys.

Sorry about that. The forums aren't emailing me notifications on a regular basis...

I'm coming down this weekend - how does Sunday grab people? I think I've got stuff on every other night, I think.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Probably the Mentone Hub Inn at this rate. I'm coming down with friends whose parents live in that area, so I'm staying in Mentone / Parkdale to be near them.

If people are up for a GOR run I'm all for it (managed to borrow a set of tyres / rims from a mate), but any kind of meeting would be sweet.

EDIT: Sunday is a go. Apparently I'll be drinking margheritas on Saturday night, so please make sure its not too early in the morning. :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Probably the Mentone Hub Inn at this rate. I'm coming down with friends whose parents live in that area, so I'm staying in Mentone / Parkdale to be near them.

I live in Mentone so we won't be too far from each other. Let me now when you're around and we'll catch up.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK.

I'll be bringing my laptop and iBurst card down, so I'll be online.

Post up an itinerary so everyone knows what's happening. A local is going to have to determine it; I have no idea.

·
Registered
293 Posts
**** scathing, I am only coming down on Monday! Would've been good to catch up!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts