Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

I've had the JWT pop charger for a few months now, but now I'm thinking of buying a Cold Air intake... and i was wondering if it really makes a big difference and which one is the best?

thx!

·
Registered
3 Posts
[/quote]

the pop charger makes your 350z sound excellent but the cold air induction system adds more horespower in fact in some cases it makes it slower (the pop charger that is) Go with the CIA its a very good improvement for power and gas milage

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
There are lots of options out there, it just depends upon what you want in an intake, will it be for looks, function, both? Some popular brands to get you started are AEM, Injen, K&N Typhoon, there are loads of them out there now....all different colors styles etc, it's a matter of personal preference really. The gains you will get from any intake are going to be minimal really. They each produce a unique sound too. There are a lot of variables.

·
Registered
470 Posts
german u saw my cold air man it was the nismo hehehe i would recomend it a lot u should have bought it from me when i told u hehehe get the nismo

·
Registered
57 Posts
here you might as well just follow this thread best intake for most hp?? please help asap

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by leakyZ@Jun 16 2005, 01:17 AM
here you might as well just follow this thread    best intake for most hp?? please help asap
[snapback]115191[/snapback]​

I think the nismo , is the one who gives u more power , but what do u mean pop charger, or cai??

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
The Injen would be your best bet for a CAI. The Nismo and AEM have been proven to actually lose horsepower from stock in some situations.

For the money, keep the JWT. You're going to get maybe 2 more hp from the Injen and will probably lose some going with the Nismo or AEM. It's not worth the money after you've already purchased your JWT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I modified my AEM CAI to a short ram w/ a Popcharger heat shield. I did not notice any difference in hp or sound. I was forced to do this mod because my Top Secret front bumper makes it difficult to get to the air filter w/o removing the bumper or wheel well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Jun 16 2005, 03:26 AM
The Injen would be your best bet for a CAI. The Nismo and AEM have been proven to actually lose horsepower from stock in some situations.

For the money, keep the JWT. You're going to get maybe 2 more hp from the Injen and will probably lose some going with the Nismo or AEM. It's not worth the money after you've already purchased your JWT.
[snapback]115205[/snapback]​

WHAT! I've never heard of any Nismo CAI loosing horsepower! I dynoed with an 8 hp increase with just the intake before we added the exhaust. Quote the source or the people your talking about this way we can all see.

Bottomline is the Nismo fits the best and is finished the best. By the way, AEM does not make the Nismo Intake. A call to they're tech department confirmed this last week. The JWT frankly is a cheap alternative. No offense just an opinion. You go out and spend $30,000.00+ on a sports car and put on a cheap intake, cheap this and cheap that. Why buy the ride if you want something cheap. Go buy a VW.

Cheers

Jeff :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
470 Posts
i have never been told the nismo cai looses u horse power i thought it was the intake which gave u the most!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
i wouldn't go w/ the k&n my buddy has it on his Z. The screw that screws into the top of the carbon fiber box digs into his hood! I like my injen. And since when is anything other than nismo stuff cheap?! I'm sorry I don't pay the 20-50% mark up b/c its got "nismo" on it! just my .02 though

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by tonysZ33@Jun 18 2005, 07:22 PM
i wouldn't go w/ the k&n my buddy has it on his Z.  The screw that screws into the top of the carbon fiber box digs into his hood!
[snapback]117168[/snapback]​

According to the K&N directions, you're not supposed to use a screw for the upper part of the heat shield. You're supposed to use a plastic rivet. There should be no issues with that rivet or the bolt that holds the lower part in place. Any issues such as digging in to the hood are probably due to a bad install

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Originally posted by xziteme@Jun 16 2005, 10:48 AM
I modified my AEM CAI to a short ram w/ a Popcharger heat shield.  I did not notice any difference in hp or sound.  I was forced to do this mod because my Top Secret front bumper makes it difficult to get to the air filter w/o removing the bumper or wheel well.

[url='http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/sellstuff/aem.jpg'][/url]
[snapback]115317[/snapback]​

Any dyno's to show that you did not gain any power?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Originally posted by JRMSR+Jun 16 2005, 06:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-StudyBuddy
@Jun 16 2005, 03:26 AM

[snapback]115205[/snapback]​

WHAT! I've never heard of any Nismo CAI loosing horsepower! I dynoed with an 8 hp increase with just the intake before we added the exhaust. Quote the source or the people your talking about this way we can all see.

Bottomline is the Nismo fits the best and is finished the best. By the way, AEM does not make the Nismo Intake. A call to they're tech department confirmed this last week. The JWT frankly is a cheap alternative. No offense just an opinion. You go out and spend $30,000.00+ on a sports car and put on a cheap intake, cheap this and cheap that. Why buy the ride if you want something cheap. Go buy a VW.

Cheers

Jeff :shiftdrive:
[snapback]115665[/snapback]​

NISMO hasn't made a performance part of their own in 20 years. NISMO's intake is done by AEM, I can guarantee you, regardless of what they can tell you. It may not look exactly the same because of this. But it's almost identical.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have the AEM CAI and I know I haven't lost any power. Gained? Dunno, but it's definitely not worse off now.

But I'd venture to say that intakes are mostly for sound, not performance.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/StudyBuddy/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif');}" />

This topic has been beaten to death.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Higher prices does not make it a better product. My JWT increased my HP, and I have the dyno to prove it. With my pop charger and straight test pipes, I got over 250hp at the wheels. How's that for an increase? Yeah, I thought so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts