Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do cold air intakes void your power train warranty? If so what if I get it installed at the dealer ship?

-Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Do cold air intakes void your power train warranty? If so what if I get it installed at the dealer ship?
not at all, consider it as an upgraded breathing system. nothing major to void ur warranty.

what CAI are you planning on getting?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was think the HKS or AEM. Leanin towards HKS because i like the style of the intake. What a great reason! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
how many of us go to the dealership with a **** load of stuff installed on our cars? almost everyone!

my dealer never told me anything about my mods, even when i turned in the car

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how many of us go to the dealership with a **** load of stuff installed on our cars? almost everyone!
haha good point :cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! i'm New.
I got my Z a little bit ago and i want to get an intake.
I'm lookign for mostly power gain and i'm having a hard time finding out which intake will have the highest power gain.
My friend recommended aFe Magnum sumthing... He says it has amazing power gain.
My other friend recommend the "AEM V2?"
i'm soo confused.
What has the greatest power gain and money to power ratio?
(sorry if i sound liek a newb)

·
Registered
9 Posts
How about Nismo's CAI? I got my Z back in March and it's sitting bone stock at the moment. A CAI is one of the first things I plan to do. The worry of voiding my warranty is what gives me the push to consider Nismo's products first, and everyone else's stuff 2nd.

I guess what I'm really trying to find out is whether or not Nismo's products are decent, legit, and worth the $$$ they're asking......or just dealer-infused hype....???? Anybody with any advice/experience with these products???

Thx!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
How about Nismo's CAI? I got my Z back in March and it's sitting bone stock at the moment. A CAI is one of the first things I plan to do. The worry of voiding my warranty is what gives me the push to consider Nismo's products first, and everyone else's stuff 2nd.

I guess what I'm really trying to find out is whether or not Nismo's products are decent, legit, and worth the $$$ they're asking......or just dealer-infused hype....???? Anybody with any advice/experience with these products???

Thx!
Here is a link to the law on modifications and warrantys: click here

They have to prove w/o a doubt that the intake (or other mod) caused a problem.

See above posted link on the warranty issue.....

nismo is legit, but there are tons of other options out there, do some shopping and pick the one that you like the best! :cheers:

·
Registered
655 Posts
The Nismo and AEM CAI's are the same.

I had an AEM and really loved the sound. I recommend it.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I think Nismo's CAI is a little pricey. Like Chris said you're not going to get much gain from any CAI, so a lot of people opt for the JWT pop charger instead. The gain is about the same as the others and it is cheaper than most. It also gives a decent sound when you rev it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you plan on going FI later than I would reccomend a drop in [email protected] for 40 bucks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts