Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I was under the impression that most CAIs for the Z placed the inlet behind the grille. Perhaps I was mistaken.

And yes, between when the air enters the grille and when it gets to the stock filter it won't heat up much. But you are assuming that all air that enters through the filter is taken in immediately upon getting to it. Air most likely sits in the engine bay for some amount of time before entering the intake, and will be heated up by the engine

·
Registered
620 Posts
AEM and Nismo (re-branded AEM) are in the fender.
Injen is inside the grill and the K&N picks up from there.
Pop charger and Stillen from the engine bay.

I am just not sure how some evidence from a ebay air filter is proof that all CAIs loose power. What we don't know with these systems is how much real tuning the companies making them actually do. If they are done right, they take shock wave and air column velocity tuning into account and create something worthwhile. If not, it's just an air filter.

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Right now it's going to be hard to beat the POP. I haven't dyno'ed one so i can't tell. I will either be buying a K&N typhoon or Pop here soon. I will check back and show numbers then.

The stock filter doesn't take air from the engine bay, it takes it from in front of the radiator. Air flows in through the grill and flows up to the intake hole.
K&N has pretty much the same setup it just has a feeder tube close to the grill opening.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Nismo CAI f/s in the "for sale" area ...I will cut you a special deal!!!! even comes w/ a free gift..extra hp!

If anyone is intersted..FYI

21 - 24 of 24 Posts