Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

O.K., so it's Father-in-law's birthday last night...We all meet up @ Red Lob...(not MY 1st choice....) K's Uncle, F.I.L's twin bro, sez: "Hey, you got to check out my new car..."

& what is the car?

That's right.....a 350Z....silver touring.....

What is my car?.....(see above!)

He's drivin my ish!

O.K., so he has the nav, MT, & 18's.....
Now he wants the pop charger....

I was so happy, I got sideways comin outta the parkin lot behind him.
Who needs traction control anyhow!

I guess it's all in (wait for it...) "Z" Family.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That's really cool. My Z has convinced my cousin to get a sports car, but I don't think she'll get a Z.

My dad would love a Z. I've even tried to sell him mine so I can unload the sh!tty-matic. But he lives in Syracuse where the Z would be horrible in the winter. And he believes in only owning a daily driver. Oh well

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
re: the sh!tty-matic...Well, DiRn, it DID get the Wifey into a sportscar! Guess I'll just have to buy a stickalicious one for the track....($!?)

I'm sure, since Uncle heard the POP, he'll be over wanting me to do the install for him. I do covet his Nav unit.....I've got to get him some links....here, JWT,....

& we did have a little family carshow at the Lob....Our Z & Uncle's, Bro -in-law's 3 day-old mazda 3, Auntie's '00 'vette....all parked side by side, hatches open....bumpin tunes on the Blowze...

Man, I lucked out with this bunch...(not that I didn't kiss a few frogs on the way...)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That is way cool. I can't think of anybody off the top of my head that is related to me and has a sportscar. Does a Miata count? Not! Does a '64 Impala count?

Yesterday, my son again told Mom that the Z needed new wheels and tires (not at my suggestion, either). We asked him why, and he said, "Because I want to pump up the Z." He's 4.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
That is KILLER Smooth! Priceless, betcha you wished you had a vid camera on hand! What a hoot--you better look out b/c he'll be old enough to drive in NO TIME! LOL On Zchickz we call new wheels/tires "new sneakers or shoes" When I got my new rims/rubber my bosses 6 year old daughter was here at the office for a day. I told her my Lucy got new shoes....now she calls all wheels for all cars "shoes"! She goes around telling her daddy "Lucy got neeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww shooooooooooooooesssssssss!" (Yes both his daughters know she is "Lucy" and not a car!)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The kids are a kick:

My 2 y/o grandson looks at my camaro, says: "Vroom, Vroom..."

Not looking for life to get much better than that....well I'd like to see his Daddy (my Son) gainfully employed....so he can finish building up his Jetta 1.8T.

My Pop sold sportscars for a while....Mom drove a TR-4 till she spun it out.

My Stepdad drove a Miata (& loved it) for 10 or so yrs. He traded it for an S2000 year before last. I drove both of those cars & wasn't particularly impressed. Miata's woefully underpowered....& the S2K is a Civic till you get past 4 grand on the tach. Can't wait till he drives the 'Z'....that's spelled: t-o-r-q-u-e, Dave.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
My boss, a 58-year-old senior partner and the best lawyer I ever met (the firm gets $625 an hour for his services) took one look at my '03 Silverstone Track, and went out and bought an '04 Silverstone Enthusiast.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Haha. I was looking at them on autotrader last night jinxx. Vettes too. I found the perfect C5. I couldn't give up the Z though. And I don't think I should be paying for 2 cars every month. Haha. I probably couldn't get it financed either

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jul 7 2004, 02:43 PM
re: the sh!tty-matic...Well, DiRn, it DID get the Wifey into a sportscar!  Guess I'll just have to buy a stickalicious one for the track....($!?)

Yeah, some good can come out of them. I have nothing against automatics. I just happen to particularly dislike the sh!tty-matic. There were a bunch of factors that led to me getting it, and I wish I hadn't listened to them. Haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts