Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which coilovers do you all think are the best?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there are alot to choose from and i dont think there is any single "Best" solution. There is a pretty big rangse of features on coilovers, and each set is typically geared towards a certain type of driving: daily driving, drag, track, drift, general.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
The best? haha.. the best for what? :)

Do you need individual reservoir, adjustable rebound and bump, along with double adjustable height?

What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

For under $1000, there is no "good" coilover suspension. (IMO.. i'm strict on suspension)
For under $2000, the HKS RS or HipermaxII
For under $3000, the Zeal
Over $5000? Aragosta, Ohlins, etc.. But I seriously doubt you need this level of damping. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
actually, if you must go under $1000 - Tein Basic's work very well

Under $2k - hands down, HKS RS, though we have some new AST's coming that should be "the dog's bollocks" as they say :) We will be testing some soon. Aragosta what? AST is, shall we say "closely related" to AST!

Under $3k, for a wide range of uses, Zeal without question

·
Registered
798 Posts
these are lowering springs right?
if they are then how low would you go?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had the both Ohlins PCV and Quantum from Central20 on and they were both FANTASTIC! But the Tein MONO FLEX is also pretty good, I had this set on also! And it doesn't cost 5gs for the Ohlins/ Quantum. Anyone who is SERIOUSLY interested I am thinking to sell.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I had the both Ohlins PCV and Quantum from Central20 on and they were both FANTASTIC! But the Tein MONO FLEX is also pretty good, I had this set on also! And it doesn't cost 5gs for the Ohlins/ Quantum. Anyone who is SERIOUSLY interested I am thinking to sell.
You are correct. the Ohlin's PCV are only $2750. However, Ohlins offer other sets not intended for street use. :cheers:

·
Registered
80 Posts
You are correct. the Ohlin's PCV are only $2750. However, Ohlins offer other sets not intended for street use. :cheers:

Would any of those "other" setups include one's with 3 or 4 way dampning adjustablity?

So if I read the carrozzeria Japan web site correctly, they also offer the DFV coilover which has the PCV valving system, but add's height adjustablity seperate from spring preload.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...findex.html#DFV

The PCV setup that Z1 sells, what is the min and max ride height range?

They are genuine Ohlins and not the unit's that Impal makes under license, correct?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts