Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2006 350z automatic and I tuned my car at SohoMotorSports (good tuner) about 6 months later I got a code P2A00 and so I decided to change both O2 sensors on the headers and it keeps popping up in the bank 1 and I do not have an exhaust leak (smoke test). It only shows up after driving like 10 miles on the interstate at around 70mph.

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
Never had this code show up on my Zs after 20 years. If you're able to delete it and it comes back, it might seem to be something that was associated with the tune? Have you contacted Soho to ask them for their opinion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had this code show up on my Zs after 20 years. If you're able to delete it and it comes back, it might seem to be something that was associated with the tune? Have you contacted Soho to ask them for their opinion?
After 6 months of trying to fix the issue (checking for exhaust leaks etc.) I fixed it by simply turning on the car and unplugging the MAF sensor than letting it run for a little bit than replugging it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drive a 2006 350z automatic and I tuned my car at SohoMotorSports (good tuner) about 6 months later I got a code P2A00 and so I decided to change both O2 sensors on the headers and it keeps popping up in the bank 1 and I do not have an exhaust leak (smoke test). It only shows up after driving like 10 miles on the interstate at around 70mph.
Had the same issue, but I just went to Autozone and replaced eveything until we got rid of the error codes. In doing so, I noticed a LOT of carbon build up so as a preventative measure, I first cleaned the injectors, and later just replaced them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, maybe an exaggeration, but it FEELS like EVERYTHING, when I replaced the O2 sensors (upstream, downstream), MAF, and throttle body. I converted a Kansas 350z to a California smog approved one, not exactly fun, but doable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why would you do a CA conversion? As long as a car is 49 state legal, and the emissions system hasn't been tampered with, CA has to let you register it.

I'm in a different boat. My '06 is a CA car with a JWT twin turbo and 'test pipes'. If I took it back there I would have to return it to CA spec to reregister it. FL doesn't care what you do to your emissions system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why would you do a CA conversion? As long as a car is 49 state legal, and the emissions system hasn't been tampered with, CA has to let you register it.

I'm in a different boat. My '06 is a CA car with a JWT twin turbo and 'test pipes'. If I took it back there I would have to return it to CA spec to reregister it. FL doesn't care what you do to your emissions system.
I bought it from my nephew who had straight piped it with resonators, switched out the cold air intake to a KB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts