Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 350z all stock.
I was recently working on it in the garage just doing some wheel stuff and all was going well until I went to pull it out of the garage.
I realized that I couldn’t put it into any gear at all with the clutch full depressed. I first encountered this problem a couple days prior when I went to leave work and it was in the parking garage but I was able to slam it into 3rd and just start in 3rd to get it home. The next day I went out and everything was working fine. Was able to put it into all gears no problem. This time i let it run for a decent time (about 8-10 minutes) and then it started to let me shift into first gear, but it was still fighting me. Once I’m able to get it into gear and after a couple minutes of just coasting in 1st it will loosen up and start to let me shift into all gears no problem. I’m just starting to learn on working on cars so this my project car. I consulted with a couple of people and one of them mentioned it might be a slave cylinder issue. Could it need to be bled again or just get a whole new cylinder? Or is this something else? When I leave it parked in the sun everything works fine when I go out and start driving. The seller I bought the car from said the clutch was recently replaced so I don’t think its a bad clutch especially since it starts to work fine after a little bit, it doesn’t grind at all when it wants to work. It seems like the flywheel or whatever isn’t fully disengaging when I try to put it in the gear when I first start it up. While I’m trying to see if it’ll go into gear the RPMs drop just a little then when I let it go back in neutral they go back to normal idle

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Get a copy of the workshop manual (google for a PDF)
It explains how to bleed the clutch
From memory it details the amount of movement needed on the clutch fork
You can check that on your car
If you don't enough movement it the hydraulics
if you do have enough movement it's the clutch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts