Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 350z with around 50K miles on it or so and I think that i may need a clutch replacement. I think the previous owner was a little hard on the clutch. It makes this horrible squeeking noise when its pressed and its just not smooth like I know it should be. I was also told that the throw out bearing is most likely messed up, from what im told its easier to just drop a new clutch in then to fix the throw out bearing. As you can tell I dont know much about clutches. But if anyone could lead me to which clutch would be good, and how much it would cost etc etc. Thanks alot

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
There is a wide variety of clutches available and it really depends on your long term goals. Are you going to mod the car at all? If so, what is your power goals? Do you want a clutch that feels stiff, or one that feels like stock.

·
Registered
284 Posts
+1^ There are soooo many out there. I ended up with the JWT clutch and flywheel and I LOVE it, but others don't NinjaZ drove mine to AAM and he didn't like it because it grabbed so quickly. Oters don't like it because of the chatter. Like toykilla said it really depends on what you plan to do with your car down the road.

·
Registered
284 Posts
thanks Buddy, not very original I know...sorry for the thread jack guys:D

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
+1^ There are soooo many out there. I ended up with the JWT clutch and flywheel and I LOVE it, but others don't NinjaZ drove mine to AAM and he didn't like it because it grabbed so quickly. Oters don't like it because of the chatter. Like toykilla said it really depends on what you plan to do with your car down the road.
The JWT shouldn't be that "grabby" or chatter.. It is a full face, sprung hub.

:welcome: to Tech, Scott.

·
Registered
284 Posts
To me it's not at all, I have no problems with it , I think some of the G owners whine about it just because it makes a bit more noise than the OEM. Honestly, the only time I notice it is when I am at a drive thru.
As far as the grabbing I love how the clutch engages and after I got used to it, I have no problem slipping the clutch just a little, NinjaZ just has girl calves:DLOL

Thanks for the welcome ill, I am enjoying my stay much better than the other BS forums :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts