Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Clutch Issue

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  idrm350 
#1 ·
I have an 07 base z and when I came back from the airport, (my car was left there for 4 days), the clutch would not engage. The clutch would collapse to the midpoint when I depressed it and when I fully pushed on the clutch, I couldn't shift it into gear.

Also from last week on, I had, the clutch would get stuck in the halfway point and I would have to pull it completely out from the midpoint.

Dealer is saying that I might have to pay for a clutch job for $2k. I hate the engagement point of that clutch anyway. Should I just get an aftermarket clutch? and forego the warranty in that area?

I'm at 35,500 miles and have the 100k bumper to bumper warranty.

#2 ·
The second problem that you mentioned (having to pull the clutch back up) sounds like a problem with either the master or slave cylinder. It seems like your car is far too new for either of them to be going out though. If that is the issue, it is an easy, cheap fix. As for the other problems, I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect a clutch with that mileage to be worn out already.

Also, I believe that you can adjust the engagement point of the clutch by screwing the fork that attaches to the peddle in or out. You have to be careful though, you could get yourself into a situation where the clutch never completely disengages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.