Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 03 G35 and just installed a factory clutch with an exceedy pressure plate. Also installed test pipes but not sure if that has anything to do with this or not, anyhow now the car will not start. It just turns over and over, I tried searching the site but was not finding anything about anyone else having this problem after a clutch install. I really appreciate any help as I am trying to leave town for thanksgiving and my holiday is going to ****. Thanks in advance Jimmy :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I was going to say maybe the clutch is not disengaging but since it is turning over that doesnt sound like the problem. The test pipes should have nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
can u take it back to the shop where it was installed and see if they can fix the prob?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha Ha, it's setting about 3 feet off the ground in the shop that performed the work....MY GARAGE!!! And what makes it worse is that my girl all along was like just let someone else do the work. I was supposed to leave to San Diego last saturday but am stuck now, man am I getting the "I told you so" look hard core.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Ha Ha, it's setting about 3 feet off the ground in the shop that performed the work....MY GARAGE!!! And what makes it worse is that my girl all along was like just let someone else do the work. I was supposed to leave to San Diego last saturday but am stuck now, man am I getting the "I told you so" look hard core.
I honestly wouldnt know where to start, other than back-track and see if you did something wrong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am thinking after reading the forums that maybe my key needs to be reprogramed? I am about to go out and reset the ecu, it turns over but no start and it smells of gas so I suppose the only thing missing is ignition.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No it does not start period, and I am not sure how I could have messed up the crank sensor since I was not near it. I could not figure out how to reset the ECU, I located it but did not see and switch on the side to rotate clockwise as stated in the service guides. It's now at the dealership and I guess I will know soon what the problem is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I relized what I did, not knowing this before hand was a bummer. The tranny that is in the 6 speed is that or very similiar to the one in the ALtima and maxima, or at least the housing is close because the dowel pins that are on the tranny can be placed in different positions depending on the car that it is going into. That being said if you have them in the wrong hole then your crank angle sensor cannot get a reading, as for me I noticed after getting the tranny mounted that the pins were laying on the floor but in my head I thought well if the bolts lined up then everything should be ok. I should know better by now but at least it's now known what the cause was.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my G/f made me take it to the dealer and now wants them to do everything. Those little pins cost me all of her trust now, oh well let them do the dirty work. Not sure though how much longer the car will be around now, just talked with her and the dealership and they have discovered that the car has been messed with big time. Wiring under the hood and other suspecious things have got them worried as well as the women. She is calling her lawyer to go after the previous owner, once those asians get there mind set there is no stoping them. Haha, oh well I was already regreting no getting an M3. Take care all, I will keep you updated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts