Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much do most shops cahrge for both installs

or just the clutch install

·
Registered
588 Posts
how much do most shops cahrge for both installs

or just the clutch install
I was charged 5 hours @ $79/hr. There shouldn't be an additional charge (or VERY minimal) for the flywheel if you're getting a clutch installed.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It should run about $300 to $350 to install a clutch and flywheel. you should do both at the same time since the price would just about double to do them seprately. The flywheel is bolted to the clutch and they have to remove both to replace one or the other anyway.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey, lovetoclown, thanks for the info on the clutch and flywheel pricing. I was just wondering what's a good grounding kit and should I attempt to install it myself. I'm still covered under my warranty, so my install options are very limited. But most shops state that a simple grounding kit won't void it.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I plan on going with the ATS dual clutch and will be doing the install myself. Save a few hundred bucks, get a good writeup for the site, and learn while doing it :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just had my 03 transmission replaced on my track 350z. it was grinding on second so Dublin Nissan replaced it with a new one under warranty. I decided to upgrade to a JWT flywheel and Nismo clucth purchased from performance nissan in Duarte, CA. Dublin Nissan installed the new cluctch and flywheel at no charge. Performance Nissan quoted me $70 if i decided to do the warranty transmission swap with them. excellent upgrade, much better performance.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I plan on going with the ATS dual clutch and will be doing the install myself. Save a few hundred bucks, get a good writeup for the site, and learn while doing it :)
Would love to hear about that!! Was just thinking about asking anyone if they did their own install, and if so, could they do a write up. I'm very mechanical, and have a decent collection of "normal" tools, but I don't know if I need any specialty tools to do that or how much tech knowledge is required. For example, I've read that under no circumstances should you try to do your own valve cam install unless you are a professional engine mechanic because of the possibility of really f*cking up the job. I've never cracked open a tranny before, and the thought of messing up the Z's is pretty scary to me unless I can get some first hand knowledge :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts